Derm salary pls advise!!

Hello,

Can anyone advise on what the going hourly pay rate for a derm PA would be? I am a fairly new graduate and have no derm experience. Have been shadowing/training with a Physican for about 2 months now. I know the pay hourly is much higher for PAs with experience, but anyone know for an a new grad what it would be?? 

Plsase advise thank you! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2019 at 4:12 PM, brooks23 said:

Really depends on your practice and location. You've been training for two months..and no offer? No discussion of offer? Seems like free labor to me. 

practice is on Long island NY. They have offered a part time/ per diem position on an hourly paid rate

Hey! I am currently working in Dermatology for the past 10 months and started as a new grad in south Texas. Me and my other friends who started in Derm as new grads all got paid based on yearly salary. Mine is 90K for the first year but will be solely based on productions next year. Based on my hours, my hourly rate is 55 and I see about 25 -30 patients a day. I hope that helps a little. 

• Like 1

I'm on the west coast, so not too familiar with your area, but I've seen pay ranging from 50/hr to 65/hr for new grads and even higher in some areas. Most I've seen are salary + collections though, so you'll have to let us know how everything pans out. I was only a year out when I got into derm and I started at about 66/hr if you calculate my salary into hourly. 

• 3 months later...
On 5/24/2019 at 8:50 PM, brooks23 said:

I'm on the west coast, so not too familiar with your area, but I've seen pay ranging from 50/hr to 65/hr for new grads and even higher in some areas. Most I've seen are salary + collections though, so you'll have to let us know how everything pans out. I was only a year out when I got into derm and I started at about 66/hr if you calculate my salary into hourly. 

Hello. I am a new Derm PA just passed that 1 year margin and I am about to re-negotiate my contract. Do you mind sharing the percentage of the collection that you were offered? My office offers 25% straight with no base pay. Does this sounds reasonable? I am in the Bay Area, CA. 

11 hours ago, Jaydy said:

Hello. I am a new Derm PA just passed that 1 year margin and I am about to re-negotiate my contract. Do you mind sharing the percentage of the collection that you were offered? My office offers 25% straight with no base pay. Does this sounds reasonable? I am in the Bay Area, CA. 

How many patient's/day are you seeing? It all depends on how much you're collecting. If you're bringing in a lot of money to the practice, 25% could be reasonable. I'm base salary plus 20% once I reach a threshold. 

• Like 1