Jminugh

UNT 2019-2020 application cycle

8 minutes ago, Curivity said:

I was rejected just got an email. Good luck everyone 

8 minutes ago, Curivity said:

I was rejected just got an email. Good luck everyone 

Wait rejected or waitlisted? I thought they just waitlisted if you didn’t get accepted!? 

They let everyone know their status- either wait list or rejected (email)  or accepted (phone call)

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, gjr428 said:

The email says:

Thank you for your application to the Physician Assistant Studies Program at UNT Health Science Center.  We regret to inform you that the Admissions Committee has reviewed your application and you were not one of the applicants selected for the 2020 entering class.

Which is weird because I thought I connected with everyone, I even talked one on one with the program director. Never know though.

50 minutes ago, mckelise said:

I interviewed and was rejected last year and have not heard anything from UNT - I also submitted late May/early June of this cycle. 

Same timeline, I wonder if they automatically mark our files or put them in a separate pool.

Just now, Jamesluong said:

Does anyone know if it is possible to inquire about your spot on the waitlist?

I don't believe they rank the waitlist. Everyone is thrown into a "waitlist pool" and then when a spot comes available, they re-evaluate everyone on the waitlist for that opening.

• Upvote 1

On 10/2/2019 at 8:38 AM, lh1996 said:

Hello!

Those who applied in June and still waiting for interviews, did y'all reach out to the program? I am hesitant on what to do at this point 😞

I have not. I’m afraid they will be annoyed and not give me the opportunity to interview. Good luck.  

Do y’all know how many people get waitlisted here? How does it work? And how many come out of the waitlist? 

3 hours ago, Allison0423 said:

Anyone know if there’s a Facebook group for accepted students?

Yes there is! @ancientMedicine created one! Try this link:

facebook.com/groups/UNTHSCpa2023 

2 hours ago, gjr428 said:

Do y’all know how many people get waitlisted here? How does it work? And how many come out of the waitlist? 

At the interview, the director mentioned (if I remember correctly) that they refer back to the wait list after each interview they have and could possibly offer you acceptance after reviewing your file again. I think she said they utilize a lot of their wait list (especially if you've been wait listed early on in the process).

• Upvote 1

Invited for an interview in Oct 19, morning session! Anyone else going on the same date and time? Super nervous but excited!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RuhiM said:

Invited for an interview in Oct 19, morning session! Anyone else going on the same date and time? Super nervous but excited!

Congratulations!!!

When did you receive 'under review email' and the interview invite email?

I'm a little late posting this, but I'm interviewing Nov 16, in the afternoon! Got the email Sep 10. 

On 10/6/2019 at 1:12 PM, gjr428 said:

On their "entering class statistics," it says they offered 120 acceptances for 73 spots last year. So that's 47 people that came off the waitlist if I'm understanding that correctly. 

• Upvote 1