2019-2020 Application Cycle

2 hours ago, picklechips said:

Really?? I'm just surprised because in the past few years they didn't start pulling people off the waitlist until February. Did they also call you?

I just got an email. I received it around 12:30p today! I was surprised, I had to keep reading it to make sure 🙂 

Edited by DER626
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2020 at 11:19 PM, mglz11 said:

i interviewed on 11/1 of last year and got placed into the waitlist about one month ago, does any one know how long it may take to hear a final decision?

I just called UTMB as it's my number one choice and I received acceptance at another school. I was informed that we could be pulled from the waitlist up until June since classes start in July. Hope that helps! 

• Like 2

Hi guys!

Got a call this morning with the acceptance!

I was put in the waitlist after the Nov 1st interviews. I was told a spot had opened up this morning, so I guess they're calling as soon as spots become available. 

I'm so excited about starting PA school this summer! 🙂

See you all in July

Edited by Engiapp
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, nlnguyen said:

Was there a phone number we should look out for in case they call? Am worried some of us might miss something in the next couple months, also CONGRATS!!!

My phone  actually somehow guessed it was Ms. McGraw calling, which is weird because I definitely don’t have her number or any other UTMB numbers saved in my contacts. 

I don’t want to post the whole number, but it started (409) 772 which seems to be the first six for all UTMB phone numbers, so just look out for that 🙂 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, mglz11 said:

I've been on the wait list since early this year, would you guys just recommend applying for the next cycle?

In the past, some people got pulled off the waitlist as late as a week or two before classes start iirc. That said, I would reapply earlier rather than later if I were you, just to be safe. Before I got pulled, I was planning to resubmit shortly after CASPA opened back up. 

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, nlnguyen said:

I got an email today with an acceptance after being on the wait list since December. I ended up missing the phone call but I'm so grateful and excited to start this program!!!

Ahh congrats!!! Can't wait to meet you 🙂

Come join us on the Facebook group (UTMB PA Class of 2022). We also have two GroupMe chats (the links are on fb).

• Like 2