2019-2020 Application Cycle

9 minutes ago, PrePA1322 said:

I interviewed last year at UTMB and was waitlisted. This year my application was so much better and I haven't been called for an interview. Feeling confused and discouraged, this process is tough. 

That is so strange! I'm in the same boat, feel like my app was solid but also haven't heard back from this program and most I've applied to. Keep your head up, we got this 💪

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, PrePA1322 said:

I interviewed last year at UTMB and was waitlisted. This year my application was so much better and I haven't been called for an interview. Feeling confused and discouraged, this process is tough. 

This process is very tough and very confusing at times but stay positive. I really hope it works out for you 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PrePA1322 said:

I am happy I am not the only one who feels this way. I am going crazy, and there is no point of calling/emailing. At this point, I would accept a rejection email. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, csams said:

I am happy I am not the only one who feels this way. I am going crazy, and there is no point of calling/emailing. At this point, I would accept a rejection email. 

The wait has definitely been rough, but I can't say I'm to that point yet! That said, I have made peace with the idea that I probably won't hear back for a while, and when I do it's either waitlisted or rejected. High hopes, low expectations!

Either way, I definitely would prefer to wait rather than be rejected though!

24 minutes ago, Kaylee0143 said:

The wait has definitely been rough, but I can't say I'm to that point yet! That said, I have made peace with the idea that I probably won't hear back for a while, and when I do it's either waitlisted or rejected. High hopes, low expectations!

Either way, I definitely would prefer to wait rather than be rejected though!

Yeah...I haven’t even been interviewed though...hence my response 😭

45 minutes ago, Benolda said:

Has anyone called and asked when the waitlist/rejection email will go out? 

Not sure if anyone else has, but my understanding is that is pretty frowned upon. I definitely won’t be the one to do it! 

I will go back and peruse last year’s thread and see if there’s anything on there about when they received them. 

1 minute ago, picklechips said:

Last year it went out sometime around the second week of January.

In the thread from last year there were people saying they got the waitlist email December 14, but someone also said the year before that it was in January. I’m sure there’s some variance year to year, but at least we have an idea now! 

Hey Yall! I just wanted to leave some hope and positivity here because I more than understand how stressful it is waiting! I was accepted into UTMB's program last Tuesday and I interviewed with the October 25th session and as far as I know I was the only one accepted two weeks after my session and not the direct week after like the others that got accepted from my session. So those from the November 1st session, don't lose hope yet and our facebook group only has about 50 students in it at the moment and some of those students are current students in the program right now. They could also be doing things different this year and be sending out mass acceptance emails after all of their sessions are done like most schools tend to do. So if most people are on the facebook page, they still have about 30-40 spots since they usually accept close to 90. Just wanted to give everyone that information and hopefully it provides some relief and hope to yall! Stay strong and positive

Edited by Jminugh
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 2

I received my acceptance email today around 11am from the 11/1 interview!!!

This is my first acceptance! To those still waiting - do not give up hope! I received over ten rejections before I received a single acceptance. I was very discouraged. It's a brutally tough process, but it only takes one school! We worked hard, and it will undoubtedly pay off. Good luck everyone! 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, PAthtl said:

Has anybody taken immunology at a community college? If so, do you mind sharing where you took it at? Thank you!

Nutrition is also an option instead of immunology.

"Immunology/Virology.You may substitute nutrition, molecular biology, cellular, or embryology although immunology or virology is highly recommended."

• Like 3