2019-2020 Application Cycle

12 minutes ago, cnh032 said:

Has anyone received an interview yet that application was verified on August 2nd or after that date? I'm asking because my application was verified on August 2nd and I was wondering have they sent out interviews for that date yet.

I was verified by CASPA the last week in August and received the under review email from UTMB on Sept 17th, and received an interview for November. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cnh032 said:

Has anyone received an interview yet that application was verified on August 2nd or after that date? I'm asking because my application was verified on August 2nd and I was wondering have they sent out interviews for that date yet.

I applied mid July and was verified around August 2nd. I also reviewed an “under review” email on September 17th, but I have not received an interview date. I think they probably select a certain few of the “under review” to actually interview. I am thinking just because you receive an “under review” email does not guarantee an actual interview. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Alexisnecole01 said:

Omg! I have been legit having anxiety attacks since Friday night. Lol. I NEED to get in. UTMB is my top choice. 

Oh thank god! I literally thought I was the only one. Ive literally been giving myself heartburn constantly my anxiety is so bad lol. Exact same though! I am beyond in love with UTMB and its 100% my top choice. I hope we both find out soon!

2 minutes ago, tarynnoelle said:

I just had an MMI at another school on Friday and actually really enjoyed it! I have my interview at UTMB on Nov 8th and I am so nervous for one on one interviews haha 

I haven't done an MMI yet but will be doing one soon at UTHSCSA! I have just heard they can be scary but I feel like it could depend on the person. I personally really like how UTMB did the one on one because the professors are very relaxed and welcoming so it felt like more of a conversation with them! I also feel like they were truly trying to get to know you more as a person based off of the things they asked and it felt like more personable because of that.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jminugh said:

I haven't done an MMI yet but will be doing one soon at UTHSCSA! I have just heard they can be scary but I feel like it could depend on the person. I personally really like how UTMB did the one on one because the professors are very relaxed and welcoming so it felt like more of a conversation with them! I also feel like they were truly trying to get to know you more as a person based off of the things they asked and it felt like more personable because of that.

That's good to hear, makes me feel better. I guess MMI also depends on how the school executes it. The one I went to was obviously stressful because every room is an unknown but the situations were manageable for sure - nothing super out there in my case. There is literally no way to prepare though haha. The only suggestion I would have is to consider questions based on ethics. We had to play out a couple scenarios based on ethical/nonethical situations. 

39 minutes ago, tarynnoelle said:

That's good to hear, makes me feel better. I guess MMI also depends on how the school executes it. The one I went to was obviously stressful because every room is an unknown but the situations were manageable for sure - nothing super out there in my case. There is literally no way to prepare though haha. The only suggestion I would have is to consider questions based on ethics. We had to play out a couple scenarios based on ethical/nonethical situations. 

That’s actually super helpful advice! Thank you for that, I really appreciate it.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2019 at 3:11 PM, cnh032 said:

Hey everybody I’m late to the party lol. I applied 8/3 and my application was verified on 8/13. I got the “under review” email on 9/5 and got an invitation to the Nov 1st interview on 10/14. I’d love to meet with the others before the 11/1 interview but I live in south Houston so I’ll probably end up driving to Galveston that morning. But good luck to everyone and I’ll see some of y’all there!!

4 minutes ago, Whoop2018 said:

Has anyone received an acceptance, waitlist, or rejection email yet from 10/25 interview? 

Ugh not yet! I have been anxiously waiting all day because most in the past sessions got their emails around noon and my star was updated around 10 am. I am thinking it will be tomorrow for us since we had the biggest session, must be taking them longer.

3 minutes ago, Jminugh said:

Ugh not yet! I have been anxiously waiting all day because most in the past sessions got their emails around noon and my star was updated around 10 am. I am thinking it will be tomorrow for us since we had the biggest session, must be taking them longer.

Where did you see the mystar update? Is it under your application status?