2019 - 2020 Stony Brook Application

35 minutes ago, Pagirl4023 said:

Hey all! For those who are coming from out of state for interviews, where do you all plan on staying?  Thanks! 

There is actually a hotel on campus. Hilton Garden Inn Stony Brook. It is located on the West Campus (Main Campus). The Hospital Side where I believe your interview will be is the East Campus (HSC Center). Hope this helps. Good Luck 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Pagirl4023 said:

Hey all! For those who are coming from out of state for interviews, where do you all plan on staying?  Thanks! 

In the email Audra says shes blocked out room at the Holiday Inn Express Stony Brook. Its only 5 minutes down the road and if you use the discount code its only $120!

• Upvote 1

On 8/26/2019 at 7:54 PM, raazk10 said:

There is actually a hotel on campus. Hilton Garden Inn Stony Brook. It is located on the West Campus (Main Campus). The Hospital Side where I believe your interview will be is the East Campus (HSC Center). Hope this helps. Good Luck 🙂 

The hotel on campus is EXTREMELY pricey, that is why we set a block up at the holiday inn 5 minutes from campus, with a free breakfast and shuttle

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hey all, I need your opinion....Considering SB PA program has a rolling admission & having read a comment above that on June they already had over 2000 apps, do you all think it is too late for me too apply?

I already paid 100$ for the supp app. I would most likely submit by app by next week bc I needa finish my PA essay and complete the supp app...but at this point idk if I shud even apply...

Some quick info about me:

-I come from a minority background

-I have a 3.9 GPA

- over 2000 hrs as a medical assistant

-meet all the prereqs for SB

- I have 3 stronf LORs from a MD, a biology professor & my supervisor from my experience as a volunteer health educator.

On 8/27/2019 at 5:18 AM, aalyssa17 said:

In the email Audra says shes blocked out room at the Holiday Inn Express Stony Brook. Its only 5 minutes down the road and if you use the discount code its only $120!

Hi! In my email (for October interview), Audra stated that the interview will be held on Southampton campus. No other details besides date and time were given. Am I missing something? Or were you given additional information because you’re interviewing earlier? Not sure if I should go ahead and book an Airbnb by southamptom campus. 

Are all interviews being conducted on Southamptom campus?

Thank you! 

Edited by stephanieprepa

9 hours ago, stephanieprepa said:

Hi! In my email (for October interview), Audra stated that the interview will be held on Southampton campus. No other details besides date and time were given. Am I missing something? Or were you given additional information because you’re interviewing earlier? Not sure if I should go ahead and book an Airbnb by southamptom campus. 

Are all interviews being conducted on Southamptom campus?

Thank you! 

Hi! I'm interviewing at the main campus and I think there's just more hotels around and maybe they have a deal with the local hotels? It sounds like she just dosent have discount accommodations to provide for those interviewing over at SH. I actually talked to someone else about the difference in interviewing at SB or SH and she contacted Audra and Audra said the only reason they're doing interviews over there is to give the SH campus more "publicity". It dosent mean youre only  being interviewed for that specific campus by any means! Just sucks there must not be many hotels close to that campus & that they wernt able to arrange accommodations for you 😕

On 9/3/2019 at 2:09 PM, Walterf1997 said:

Hey all, I need your opinion....Considering SB PA program has a rolling admission & having read a comment above that on June they already had over 2000 apps, do you all think it is too late for me too apply?

I already paid 100$ for the supp app. I would most likely submit by app by next week bc I needa finish my PA essay and complete the supp app...but at this point idk if I shud even apply...

Some quick info about me:

-I come from a minority background

-I have a 3.9 GPA

- over 2000 hrs as a medical assistant

-meet all the prereqs for SB

- I have 3 stronf LORs from a MD, a biology professor & my supervisor from my experience as a volunteer health educator.

I wouldn't apply if I were you.

I was verified in Late June and even that is considered late. 

I have very little hope that I'll be given an interview, not because of my stats, but because the spots for interviews may likely be filled by then. Stony brook stops reviewing apps once that happens so they may not even get to my app, let alone, yours. 

I don't think your stats matter at this point, applying early is really important so maybe just get everything prepared for next year? 

54 minutes ago, nyc9009 said:

Really hoping they get to people verified in the first of week June for the November interview. 

I am really out here refreshing this page every week day. 

Someone just posted 11 hours ago that they received an interview invite for October and were verified 6/3. I think it’s safe to say they are already reviewing people applications that were verified that week.

4 minutes ago, lharper406 said:

Someone just posted 11 hours ago that they received an interview invite for October and were verified 6/3. I think it’s safe to say they are already reviewing people applications that were verified that week.

@jennifer smith Do you mind giving us an update on which week of verified student you are on?

Thank you so much!

On 9/5/2019 at 8:39 AM, aalyssa17 said:

Hi! I'm interviewing at the main campus and I think there's just more hotels around and maybe they have a deal with the local hotels? It sounds like she just dosent have discount accommodations to provide for those interviewing over at SH. I actually talked to someone else about the difference in interviewing at SB or SH and she contacted Audra and Audra said the only reason they're doing interviews over there is to give the SH campus more "publicity". It dosent mean youre only  being interviewed for that specific campus by any means! Just sucks there must not be many hotels close to that campus & that they wernt able to arrange accommodations for you 😕

We are not interviewing in Southampton for "publicity" but rather show candidates another side of our program.  There are alot of hotels around the area as it is a popular spot for tourists, however we do not have any "contracts" in place for group rates.  With todays technology if you do an online search for accomodations around the campus you should be able to find something without a problem.