2019-2020 Application Cycle (GA Campus)

Questions about LORS: 
Does anyone know if the letters from our recommenders have to be on Company letterhead and signed ? It’s taking a while for some of the ones I’ve asked to do such and delaying the whole process! Also does anyone know if you can still submit your CASPA application with just the LOR requests submitted but without the actual letters submitted yet ?? Thanks in advance !!

You can submit your CASPA as long as you have “requested” status for the LORs in CASPA. So sent the request to the email of the person writing your LOR. However, your application won’t be “verified” until the evaluators have submitted your LORs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I emailed admissions about my coursework to see if they fit their prerequisites and they were super unhelpful saying that I would have to critically asses my application myself. Would you mind helping me out? 

For the biology courses, I have taken these:
PDBIO 120- science of biology. It was only 2 credits when I took it but has since changed to 3 credits. It doesn’t have a lab but I have also taken these: 
MMBIO 240 & 241 Molecular Biology and the lab (3+1 credits) 
MMBIO 221 & 222 General Microbiology and lab (3+1 credits) 
MMBIO 407 Clinical Microbiology with included lab (4 credits) 
MMBIO 261 Infection and Immunology (3 credits) 
PWS 340- Genetics (3 credits) 
MMBIO 419-Medical Parasitology 
MMBIO 392- hematology

I know there is a lot of over lap with all the biology coursework and the requirements. Do I have sufficient classes to fulfill the biology requirements? 

For the chemistry: I took gen chem 1 and 2, 
Chem 285- intro to biochem/o chem (combined 4 credits)
And also MMBIO 222-225 clinical chemistries and their labs (for my medical technology program) 

34 minutes ago, jlberan83 said:

Is in invitation to pay the $75 fee emailed directly from PCOM along with a supplemental application? I’m just trying to figure out what to expect ! 

They will send you a confirmation email that they received your CASPA application and a link to set up a portal and pay the fee 

Do you mind sharing your stats? GPA and # hours HCE/volunteer hours? Also what Seems to be most critical to them? (I know a lot of things are considered) but did they seem to ask specific questions about grades/gpa or ask more about your experience in the medical field? Thank you so much in advance! 

Edited by jlberan83

My GPA was 3.91 and my HCE was ~ 3,500 my GRE was 316 ( I know they don't require it though) my volunteering was only around 100 and shadowing was around 100. I think they really just want a well rounded applicant ... I didn't notice them stressing any one point like community service or anything. I wish I knew what they wanted most so I could have mentioned it in the interview haha!

• Like 1

On 8/23/2019 at 9:27 PM, Maxdevine00 said:

My GPA was 3.91 and my HCE was ~ 3,500 my GRE was 316 ( I know they don't require it though) my volunteering was only around 100 and shadowing was around 100. I think they really just want a well rounded applicant ... I didn't notice them stressing any one point like community service or anything. I wish I knew what they wanted most so I could have mentioned it in the interview haha!

How long was the interview?

On 6/22/2019 at 8:51 PM, Ashleemee said:

For anyone that had the fee waiver through CASPA & reached out to PCOM to get their $75.00 fee waived, can you tell me how long it was before they responded?  They said in the initial email 15 business days at the minimum. 

Did they ever respond to you about waiving your fee?