25 minutes ago, MVL121 said:

Applied 1/14/2020

Received interview invite on 1/28/20 for February 27th!  

For those of you who've had interviews.. was finding the location/parking difficult? 

No, not at all difficult. There’s a massive parking lot off Amber Valley Drive when you turn off the main road. Plenty of open spots. Best of luck in your interview!

for anyone that has already interviewed -- would you be willing to share some of your opinions on the program overall? I'm aware that the program is virtually brand new, and is not yet accredited, both of which make me a little nervous. any additional info would be greatly appreciated before i fly cross-country for an interview! thanks 🙂

if you'd rather not post your response on here, i'd be happy to give you my email 

Can’t really comment on the program overall yet, but having gone through the interview process and experiencing the campus, facilities, faculty etc. in person, I was impressed. I’m a believer in integrative medicine so I might be a little biased but honestly, I thought the school was awesome, I really liked the overall atmosphere of the campus. I’m not worried about the accreditation status at all, this university has been around for a long time and this is their 3rd or 4th PA cohort. Your best response though will probably come from a current or past student. Good luck.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, agrace1018 said:

for anyone that has already interviewed -- would you be willing to share some of your opinions on the program overall? I'm aware that the program is virtually brand new, and is not yet accredited, both of which make me a little nervous. any additional info would be greatly appreciated before i fly cross-country for an interview! thanks 🙂

if you'd rather not post your response on here, i'd be happy to give you my email 

Hey grats on the interview invite!! I haven't received an interview so my comment may not exactly be valid. But I did read some forums and comments here and there and a bunch of them have said that it's a great program and that the students are learning pretty much the same thing other schools are teaching. On top of that it's all standardized anyway otherwise they may not even get past review for accreditation. On top of that, they are literally 1 percent away but if I am calculating correctly, it's almost half a percent that they can't round up on to really meet that 85. Plus there is still one student who has yet to take it but I feel that they should have gotten accredited already since percentages are usually out of wack for smaller numbers that being 26 :\. But I also think it's great that they give you 2 whole electives, with the possibility of non primary specialties, which not a lot of schools really give you really emphasizing you going out there and getting a good feel for what integrative medicine is which I think is great. But this is just my sort of idea from reading other forums and such .  

• Like 1

On 2/6/2020 at 8:37 PM, choccymilk said:

do we have a fb page set up yet? i'm super excited to meet all of you!!! 🙂

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted, excited to meet y'all this Fall!

For those who have been accepted already, you can search and join "SCUHS-MSPA Class of 2022". 

Congratulations again and good luck to anyone else who has any future interviews coming up!

Edited by PAontheway123
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, spay12 said:

Hey guys for those who have been accepted and paid the deposit: how do I do that? I only got an email about the supplemental app and i'm getting nervous since my 72 hour mark will hit tomorrow! I have no information on paying the deposit. 

Thanks!

After you do the supplemental you’ll get an email with instructions on how to pay the deposit. I did my supplemental last night and didn’t get the instructions until today so you’ll probably get it tomorrow. You’ll have an additional few days to put the deposit in.