To everyone that got accepted, CONGRATULATIONS!!! To those that have interviewed but have not received the call, keep your hopes up, they mentioned during the interview that last year they exhausted 60% of their wait list applicants. Has anyone already submitted their deposit? I called student services yesterday and they processed the payment but I have not received any emails confirming the deposit. Wondering if I should call on Monday and double check. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miduza said:

To everyone that got accepted, CONGRATULATIONS!!! To those that have interviewed but have not received the call, keep your hopes up, they mentioned during the interview that last year they exhausted 60% of their wait list applicants. Has anyone already submitted their deposit? I called student services yesterday and they processed the payment but I have not received any emails confirming the deposit. Wondering if I should call on Monday and double check. 

What was the payment method? I tried calling yesterday and no one picked up so I left a message on friday. The due date is 2/3 but no one is working on the weekends 😞

18 minutes ago, choccymilk said:

What was the payment method? I tried calling yesterday and no one picked up so I left a message on friday. The due date is 2/3 but no one is working on the weekends 😞

I didn’t even get the PA email yesterday morning! I only got the general SCU one Thursday evening. I called yesterday but left voicemails only. I think we will be ok though!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JustturnedPAS said:

I didn’t even get the PA email yesterday morning! I only got the general SCU one Thursday evening. I called yesterday but left voicemails only. I think we will be ok though!

I think you're good if you haven't received that mail yet! I received it and was told it was due soon so maybe yours will have a different/later date on it when you do get yours! Anyway, I just tried calling again and Nancy picked up. The payment is processed by giving them your CC info over the phone for anyone curious. 

I paid with a debit card. No one picked when I called yesterday but they called me back a few hours later. I initially received the science courses email also but later in the day received the email to complete the supplemental app. Any of you guys were there for the 2-4pm interview on the 29th? We probably met. 

I believe they said that they will inform all accepted by April 1st. As far as the interview, it was individual interviews with one faculty and one PA. There was no group activity this year. The interview itself was very comfortable,  the interviewers were nice and social. It seemed like they wanted you to relax and just have a conversation with them so they can get to know you. Having been through some pretty intense interviews, this one was different. No crazy questions, timing or intimidating attitude. Just relax and be yourself, everyone was super nice and welcoming.

3 hours ago, agrace1018 said:

Hi!
I just got an interview invite for the end of February -- for anyone that interviewed already, do you have advice on getting to Whittier from LAX? Trying to avoid the cost of renting a car.

Thanks!

Hi! I used the car rental app Turo and for just a day’s car rental it cost me $30. You don’t have many options besides Uber (more expensive) or renting a car to get to Whittier from LAX. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, agrace1018 said:

Hi!
I just got an interview invite for the end of February -- for anyone that interviewed already, do you have advice on getting to Whittier from LAX? Trying to avoid the cost of renting a car.

Thanks!

Hi Grace. Congratz on the invite btw! I'm sorta from the area and I can tell you any uber/lyft is gonna be a headache because they close those lanes quite often at LAX because of construction, on top of that one way trip is about 25 miles so 50 miles round trip. I would suggest doing a rental unless you want to take the metro which is a little longer, but the walk distance isn't so bad, I believe you only need to switch lines once half way and the station isn't too far from the school. 

Edited by pHEAL