18 minutes ago, E9619 said:

Does anyone know if january 22 is the first round of interviews for this cycle? 

Hi! I received an invite yesterday for January 21. Not sure if there are any dates before that though. I’m thinking it is probably the first rounds because at the open house they said they start interviews in January. Hope that helps! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jthepa said:

For those who have been invited; what is everyone’s stats looking like? I’m from Florida and applied early this month. Congrats everyone who received an interview!

GPA: 3.3

science GPA 3.7

HCE: 8,640 hours: Medical Assistant

3.76 overall gpa & 3.67 science gpa

2,200 hours as a MA for a spinal ortho surgeon where I was also the PAs assistant 

LOR from 2 professors, MD, PA

About like 1,000+ hours in various volunteer/intern/shadowing roles. 

I also have teaching and leadership experience 

feel free to message me with questions:)

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, bk5991 said:

3.76 overall gpa & 3.67 science gpa

2,200 hours as a MA for a spinal ortho surgeon where I was also the PAs assistant 

LOR from 2 professors, MD, PA

About like 1,000+ hours in various volunteer/intern/shadowing roles. 

I also have teaching and leadership experience 

feel free to message me with questions:)

Nice! I worked for neurosurgery. I do not have a LOR from a professor, though, I do have 2 PA and one neurosurgeon LOR. I hope that will suffice. I also was nominated for a regionally accredited award for Adventhealth hospital systems and uploaded that certificate as well. I hope that will make me a tad stronger applicant wise!

Good luck to you on your interview. Crossing my fingers for you and thank you so much!!

1 hour ago, Jthepa said:

Nice! I worked for neurosurgery. I do not have a LOR from a professor, though, I do have 2 PA and one neurosurgeon LOR. I hope that will suffice. I also was nominated for a regionally accredited award for Adventhealth hospital systems and uploaded that certificate as well. I hope that will make me a tad stronger applicant wise!

Good luck to you on your interview. Crossing my fingers for you and thank you so much!!

Sounds like you have a great application!! There’s no clear cut answer to guarantee an interview unfortunately... just stay positive and optimistic! They only released the first interview invites so you still have a chance 🙂 thank you and I’m sending all my best wishes to you!! 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, bk5991 said:

Sounds like you have a great application!! There’s no clear cut answer to guarantee an interview unfortunately... just stay positive and optimistic! They only released the first interview invites so you still have a chance 🙂 thank you and I’m sending all my best wishes to you!! 

Same to you!!

Guest FerusOlin

I got an email on the 12th for a January 21st interview

GRE: 313 with 5 on writing

3.88 overall GPA

3.96 science GPA

1700 hours as a pharmacy technician

2200 hours as a registered nurse in the hospital setting

no shadowing or volunteer hours so I am pretty grateful I got in. I didn't shadow as I work with physician assistants every day on my job, and I had hoped that would be enough for me. No volunteer hours. I spent all my undergrad and after undergrad working so when I considered doing volunteer stuff I was way late in the game and it was time to do applications.