2019 - 2020 Application Cycle

2 hours ago, Lifeline10 said:

For those that interviewed already, how was it?

It went pretty well I would say! They do their best to make you feel comfortable and stress-free. Professors and current students were friendly and encouraging. Interviews were honestly pretty straight forward and are not out to trick you. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ihopeigetin said:

Got a verification email that said it would take two weeks for review. For the ones that got interviews... Did they take the full two weeks? 

How long after you completed the background check from CastleBranch did you receive the "verification" email? I haven't heard back anything since 07/01. 

On 7/11/2019 at 1:28 PM, Lifeline10 said:

How long after you completed the background check from CastleBranch did you receive the "verification" email? I haven't heard back anything since 07/01. 

Castle branch was completed in a day. I got my verification the next day. Email said it would take two weeks but I still haven’t heard back and it’s almost been three. Getting a little worried. 

For those who had interviews... How long after you submitted your supplemental did you have to wait before receiving an invite? 

So I got an email June 10th they received my verified CASPA application and June 17th I sent in my castlebranch background check which was the last thing they needed. I can't remember when I sent in the supplemental but it was before that. I got an interview invite July 2nd!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Smores said:

Does anyone know why the program is under probation? I see that the next review is in September 2020. How will this impact the incoming class is the program happens to lose the accreditation?

I believe once you matriculate into a program that's accredited, even if they lose their accreditation status while you're still enrolled, you can still sit for PANCE after you graduate.  

On 5/1/2019 at 8:06 PM, rach6195 said:

Hi! Wondering if anyone is concerned with their probation status? I know their next accreditation visit is supposed to be September 2020. I'm just concerned about potentially attending the school and then they lose their accreditation status.

If a program is accredited, whether that be continuing, probation etc., by the time you matriculate, they are required to graduate those students with eligibility to sit for the PANCE. So if you get it, and they lose accreditation year 2, you can still sit for the PANCE. The only risk is just attending a lower level program and not getting the best education!

On 6/26/2019 at 10:24 AM, Lifeline10 said:

Keiser just drained all my money making me pay my CASPA application fee, online supplemental fee, AND a background check. Lol. Are they the only PA program that operates like this? Good grief!😅😫

That kind of makes me angry lol. We should be the ones requiring a background check considering they're under probation!

• Like 1

Can someone provide some insight on the background check please!! I know it's required as apart of the application, but how do you guys access this? I submitted CASPA, GRE scores, and my supplemental last week. But I still haven't gotten any information on the background check. Not sure how I even complete this. Does anyone know the steps for completing the background check?

10 hours ago, mlucianox3 said:

Can someone provide some insight on the background check please!! I know it's required as apart of the application, but how do you guys access this? I submitted CASPA, GRE scores, and my supplemental last week. But I still haven't gotten any information on the background check. Not sure how I even complete this. Does anyone know the steps for completing the background check?

I received an email from CastleBranch, the background check company, a day or two after I got a confirmation email from Keiser that my verified application was received!

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 8:44 PM, ERNightOwl said:

Hey all! Submitting my app here tomorrow! A little later than I was hoping for, just took the GRE this week (154/148, 302) 

I really hope applying late doesn't hurt my chances too badly! My overall GPA is 3.30, my science is 3.10.

Two years work experience as an EKG/Monitor Tech, three medical mission trips, 500+ volunteer hours, three years active leadership, 2 awards from my university, 40 hours PA shadowing Cardiothoracic surgery, 80 hours DO shadowing ER. Three LOR's (PA, Boss @ hospital, Physics professor). 

Hope to be granted an interview and see all of your wonderful faces soon but I'm crazy nervous! I know my GPA is on the low side 😞

Fingers crossed and best of luck! 

Hi! Did you ever hear back??

On 7/5/2019 at 8:44 PM, ERNightOwl said:

Hey all! Submitting my app here tomorrow! A little later than I was hoping for, just took the GRE this week (154/148, 302) 

I really hope applying late doesn't hurt my chances too badly! My overall GPA is 3.30, my science is 3.10.

Two years work experience as an EKG/Monitor Tech, three medical mission trips, 500+ volunteer hours, three years active leadership, 2 awards from my university, 40 hours PA shadowing Cardiothoracic surgery, 80 hours DO shadowing ER. Three LOR's (PA, Boss @ hospital, Physics professor). 

Hope to be granted an interview and see all of your wonderful faces soon but I'm crazy nervous! I know my GPA is on the low side 😞

Fingers crossed and best of luck! 

Hi! Did you ever hear back??

Just now, ERNightOwl said:

Unfortunately no nothing as of yet. Hopefully soon! 

Good luck! I'm sure you'll hear back soon! I have similar stats as you. Did you apply to a lot of other schools?