2019 - 2020 Application Cycle

2 minutes ago, Kc2020 said:

I heard the email problem was only with certain servers. What kind of email do you use? Also, when did you submit your application? I have been communicating with them about grade updates and they have been responding. But I have yet to hear about secondary review (submitted and verified August 1st). Should I email? I use gmail. 

They said “outlook, yahoo, etc”. I use outlook (hotmail) and I was verified sometime early August. I don’t remember the exact dates.

Edited by niquemack

7 minutes ago, plantmom said:

Just got my secondary review email today. Really hope it’s not too late! But I think if they were no longer offering invites to interview, they wouldn’t waste their time with reviewing additional people. Fingers crossed I hear something in the next week or so

That’s good to hear! When did you submit?

I emailed to get an update and make sure I did not miss any emails about secondary review or rejection since I know there have been issues this year (I have yet to hear anything since my first email at the beginning of August that said my app as under review). I applied by August 1st (the preferred deadline). Karen responded within 30 mins with a very generic email saying they are diligently reviewing applications. I almost felt like they didn't read my email! Should I be concerned? Are they really still reviewing applications that haven't gone to secondary review? I expected to hear a rejection by now if they didn't want me to interview. But, I feel I'm a pretty competitive applicant! Still holding out because it's my top choice...

1 minute ago, Kc2020 said:

I emailed to get an update and make sure I did not miss any emails about secondary review or rejection since I know there have been issues this year (I have yet to hear anything since my first email at the beginning of August that said my app as under review). I applied by August 1st (the preferred deadline). Karen responded within 30 mins with a very generic email saying they are diligently reviewing applications. I almost felt like they didn't read my email! Should I be concerned? Are they really still reviewing applications that haven't gone to secondary review? I expected to hear a rejection by now if they didn't want me to interview. But, I feel I'm a pretty competitive applicant! Still holding out because it's my top choice...

I’ll be honest, by August they had a ton of applications submitted already. Unfortunately the competition is great, you probably still in review but at this point over half the class is chosen. 

4 minutes ago, mdjc7594 said:

Hey guys! I live in Orlando and put my seat deposit in the mail on Sunday. Anybody else local have feedback on how long it took to get email confirmation that they received it? I almost wish I had gotten tracking on the envelope, I’m paranoid it will get lost or something! Lol

I live in Tampa and put my seat deposit in the mail on Monday. I have not heard back either, but will keep you posted. Mrs. Kays said she will email me when she has received it.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Kc2020 said:

I also emailed them this week to let them know that I received the initial review email on 9/3/19 but nothing since then and was worried about not receiving anything. They replied with “We have not sent any emails since September 3rd. Our Admissions Committee is diligently reviewing over 1,200 applications we received this year. We will contact you through CASPA if we require any additional documentation. Thank you for your patience.”

So it could be that they’re still working through all the applications so we’ll have to just wait and see. Good luck!

On 11/7/2019 at 10:04 AM, amar314 said:

I’ll be honest, by August they had a ton of applications submitted already. Unfortunately the competition is great, you probably still in review but at this point over half the class is chosen. 

How do you know over half the class is already chose? They say they hold a spot for every person who will interview and the bulk of decisions go out in December? 

Just got an email that their application cycle is now closed, but that I was on in alternate interview pool. Weird considering I never got notification of secondary review. Pretty upset considering this was my top school and they didn't even give me a chance and not sure why they even felt the need to tell me I was an alternate for interview at this point, now that interviews are over. Almost made it worse.

I was invited to some highly ranked programs and received acceptances. Just goes to show it's a numbers game.

Congrats to everyone who was interviewed and accepted. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Kc2020 said:

Just got an email that their application cycle is now closed, but that I was on in alternate interview pool. Weird considering I never got notification of secondary review. Pretty upset considering this was my top school and they didn't even give me a chance and not sure why they even felt the need to tell me I was an alternate for interview at this point, now that interviews are over. Almost made it worse.

I was invited to some highly ranked programs and received acceptances. Just goes to show it's a numbers game.

When did you apply ? And when did you send all the supplementals and exam scores ? 
I applied very early and heard back about a month later with interview. (Later accepted)

I also just got denied by a program that was recently on probation. So I really don’t think it’s completely a numbers game. At least not with UF, they do look at everyone’s application within earlier applications deadlines until filled, of course. They’re one of the earlier admissions review cycles in Florida. 

but it sounds like you got into your other top choices so congrats on starting next year!

1 hour ago, Kc2020 said:

Also CASPer test !