2019 - 2020 Application Cycle

1 minute ago, kyleemreed said:

Has anyone not heard any news good or bad? Are they done sending out interview invites? I got my email about the secondary review but haven't heard anything since. 

I haven't heard anything good or bad...I was verified August 1st and nothing since. Not even a secondary review email. I have been communicating about updates on my application, to which they have responded. Getting a little nervous....

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, 13thART said:

Kinda worried that there’s only a month left and I haven’t even made it to second review... 

I’m in the exact same boat. I applied by their “preferred” deadline (8/1) and I have yet to hear about secondary review. If they didn’t like me I would have at least expected a rejection by now, though I’m a pretty competitive applicant. My last update I send them they responded “we are thoroughly reviewing over 1200 applications...etc” so it sounds like they are busy and in the process still. However most people here received a secondary review email about a month after applying which concerns me. I’m going on 3 months now...

1 minute ago, Kc2020 said:

I’m in the exact same boat. I applied by their “preferred” deadline (8/1) and I have yet to hear about secondary review. If they didn’t like me I would have at least expected a rejection by now, though I’m a pretty competitive applicant. My last update I send them they responded “we are thoroughly reviewing over 1200 applications...etc” so it sounds like they are busy and in the process still. However most people here received a secondary review email about a month after applying which concerns me. I’m going on 3 months now...

Same! I was verified July 23rd. Initially I also had some email issues with them and I never actually got my primary review email. I reached out to them in late August and they said they had sent it July 29th. I had neverrr received it. At the same time there was something going around online that caspa and outlook emails don’t work well together. I switched my email over and haven’t had too much of a problem since but it still adds to my worry. 

22 minutes ago, Madrelation said:

I was so surprised and happy to receive a call to interview today!!

I chose the last dates possible to interview, Nov. 18 and 20. I hope to meet some of you there! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back. 

Congrats! When did you submit and when were you notified of secondary review?

4 hours ago, plantmom said:

@GreatChecko any thoughts?

I don't have any direct insights into the exact status of application reviews. What I can tell you is that applications are reviewed constantly until the last invites go out. With two interview weeks left, simply looking at things mathematically, those spots will become more and more competitive. The program does send out denials along the way, so if you haven't heard anything, you are still in the running.

Unfortunately, this is an extremely competitive process. With about 10% of applicants receiving interviews and about 5% being offered a seat in the program, many will be disappointed come late November.

If your goal is to become a PA, keep pushing and apply to multiple schools that will make you successful. If UF is your goal and it doesn't work out the first time, contact the program in the Spring for tips on how to improve your application, work on increasing your DPE now, and keep your grades high. While UF is selective and competitive, they also end up with quite a diverse class, so there is no cookie cutter student that ends up getting a spot.

All the best!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If you haven’t heard anything from them as far as a secondary review email or interview invite, I would email them. I had not heard anything and emailed them yesterday and got an email saying CASPA was having some problems with emails. I did not get an interview and they had sent me the email in August. Good luck to everyone and congratulations to those who have made it! 

5 minutes ago, niquemack said:

If you haven’t heard anything from them as far as a secondary review email or interview invite, I would email them. I had not heard anything and emailed them yesterday and got an email saying CASPA was having some problems with emails. I did not get an interview and they had sent me the email in August. Good luck to everyone and congratulations to those who have made it! 

I heard the email problem was only with certain servers. What kind of email do you use? Also, when did you submit your application? I have been communicating with them about grade updates and they have been responding. But I have yet to hear about secondary review (submitted and verified August 1st). Should I email? I use gmail.