2019 - 2020 Application Cycle

Just received an invite to interview today! Turning it down as I have received acceptance from somewhwre closer to home so I hope that helps someone here! Good luck guys!

June 3rd - Received app email
July 16 - moved to secondary evaluation
Aug 19 - course syllabus request
Aug 23 - invite to interview

GPAc - 3.55
GPAs - 3.48
GRE - 316
PCE - 1800 at time of app submit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/24/2019 at 10:15 AM, lc2019 said:

Does anyone know if it is a closed or open interview? Meaning do the interviewers see your CASPA application before the interview?

Thanks!

I guess it depends on what you mean by your CASPA application, because it's not as clear cut as stated above.

So that everyone is on an even playing field, grades/transcripts are not a part of the interview process. However, just about everything else on the CASPA is. So expect questions about your experience, essays, etc. Since some of the interviewers are on the AdCom, what they see along the way may vary, however, so you might get asked about grades along the way as well.

Edited by GreatChecko

I received the initial ad-com review email July 15th, but then they said they couldn't find my CASPer score even though I sent it to them in May. So I'm scared that my application was pushed back because of that. It was resolved within a couple days, I was able to show them my info and they found it after that. I haven't received a second email for second review, but also no rejection email either so there's that. Good luck to everyone!

• Like 1

On 8/25/2019 at 12:57 PM, GreatChecko said:

I guess it depends on what you mean by your CASPA application, because it's not as clear cut as stated above.

So that everyone is on an even playing field, grades/transcripts are not a part of the interview process. However, just about everything else on the CASPA is. So expect questions about your experience, essays, etc. Since some of the interviewers are on the AdCom, what they see along the way may vary, however, so you might get asked about grades along the way as well.

Hi! Thank you for that. 

I am a second year applicant and interviewing soon ! That’s really reassuring and fair. 

Is there anything else you can recommend to prep for the interview ? Or anything specific to anticipate ?  

Thank you!

9 hours ago, 2xPAS said:

Hi! Thank you for that. 

I am a second year applicant and interviewing soon ! That’s really reassuring and fair. 

Is there anything else you can recommend to prep for the interview ? Or anything specific to anticipate ?  

Thank you!

I always tell people to reread your essay the night before. Otherwise, UFs interview process is a little different than most, so it’s hard to prepare for.  Do your best to relax and enjoy the process. Be professional and poised, but do let your personality come through. You’ll quickly see the diversity yet unity in the class. 

Think of it this way, when else are you going to have the opportunity to pick the brain of PAs who love the profession and love preparing others to be a part of it? Come ready with questions, remember this is your opportunity to make sure this program fits you ask well. Finally, be sure to go to the student dinner. It’s fun and you’ll get an opportunity to hear the unfiltered truth about the program (faculty and interviewers are not allowed to go).

All the best! 

Edited by GreatChecko
  • Like 1

On 8/26/2019 at 10:13 PM, GreatChecko said:

I always tell people to reread your essay the night before. Otherwise, UFs interview process is a little different than most, so it’s hard to prepare for.  Do your best to relax and enjoy the process. Be professional and poised, but do let your personality come through. You’ll quickly see the diversity yet unity in the class. 

Think of it this way, when else are you going to have the opportunity to pick the brain of PAs who love the profession and love preparing others to be a part of it? Come ready with questions, remember this is your opportunity to make sure this program fits you ask well. Finally, be sure to go to the student dinner. It’s fun and you’ll get an opportunity to hear the unfiltered truth about the program (faculty and interviewers are not allowed to go).

All the best!

thank you so much. This process can be so stressful and thus, we tend to lose ourselves during the process, ironically. Greatly appreciate your advice. I will definitely go back through my personal statement and essay to be better prepared.

All the best to you! And to all who are interviewing this year!

Edited by 2xPAS
  • Upvote 1

Hey everyone! 

I received an email back in June regarding my application reaching their second level adcom review but I have yet to hear anything since then. Based off this thread I can see that 2 waves of interviews have been sent out, but so have rejection letters.... 

basically, what Im trying to get at is, what are they doing with my application lol!? I know UF decides on their class quickly, but would anyone with experience offer me some advice? Do we anticipate more interviews invites to be sent out?  

Edited by SSPP123

3 minutes ago, SSPP123 said:

Hey everyone! 

I received an email back in June regarding my application reaching their second level adcom review but I have yet to hear anything since then. Based off this thread I can see that 2 waves of interviews have been sent out, but so have rejection letters.... 

basically, what Im trying to get at is, what are they doing with my application lol!? I know UF decides on their class quickly, but would anyone with experience offer me some advice? Do we anticipate more interviews invites to be sent out?  

There are multiple upcoming interviews, about two a month through the first week of December. They are constantly reviewing applications and invites go out through November. Where you are in that process is a good question, but you are still in the running until you hear otherwise.

All the best!

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, ChicaPA said:

Got an acceptance call today! Good luck to everyone else 🙂 

Congrats! I got an acceptance call last week. SO excited to be a Gator PA! Do you remember when Ms Kays said we’d receive the letter by mail? I was so nervous I don’t remember anything lol. Good luck everyone!

11 minutes ago, amar314 said:

Congrats! I got an acceptance call last week. SO excited to be a Gator PA! Do you remember when Ms Kays said we’d receive the letter by mail? I was so nervous I don’t remember anything lol. Good luck everyone!

I think she said we should the official letter within a week

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ChicaPA said:

It was great ! They do a great job of helping you relax so you have the space to be yourself. Lots of opportunities to meet faculty and students and ask questions. 

Congrats! I leave Sunday for my interview on 9/9-9/10! I am so excited! Did most people go alone to the orientation day or bring family?

6 hours ago, dtaylor33 said:

Congrats!!! Do you mind sharing your timeline of application??? 

Thanks! 

Oh man I don’t remember exact dates, but I submitted second week of June and got the interview offer first week of August. Interview on the 26th, and got the acceptance call yesterday! 

I would say almost half the group brought a family member/significant other. 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2019 at 9:09 PM, PAgirl614 said:

Congrats! I leave Sunday for my interview on 9/9-9/10! I am so excited! Did most people go alone to the orientation day or bring family?

Definitely feel free to bring someone to the information session and the dinner. The interview is more a day for the applicant and anyone accompanying you would likely just end up waiting in the lobby.