2019 - 2020 Application Cycle

On 8/7/2019 at 10:46 AM, jlduvall said:

Over a month ago but the last item remaining was my GRE. I made a 294 and I don’t think they accept anyone under a 300. Every other part of my application was pristine 

Yeah it’s rare for them to give interviews if GRE is under 300. Good luck to you with other schools!!

On 8/7/2019 at 10:46 AM, jlduvall said:

Over a month ago but the last item remaining was my GRE. I made a 294 and I don’t think they accept anyone under a 300. Every other part of my application was pristine 

I’m sorry to hear that! Did you receive an email that stated that they completed the initial review of your application and it was forwarded for second level evaluation by adcom?

10 minutes ago, Brittany1112 said:

Has anyone received their review of application after rejection? They said give 2-3 weeks but it’s been about 5-6 weeks. I don’t want to bother them by asking for it because I know it’s a busy time, but don’t want to be forgotten! 

I would give them more time. They rejected me last year and provided a very thorough review with helpful suggestions. Best of luck to you!

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Brittany1112 said:

Has anyone received their review of application after rejection? They said give 2-3 weeks but it’s been about 5-6 weeks. I don’t want to bother them by asking for it because I know it’s a busy time, but don’t want to be forgotten! 

Same! They told me the same thing (give 2-3 weeks to receive feedback) but its been about 6 weeks for me. I haven't heard anything and I am apprehensive to email them again because I know they're swamped with emails. I guess i'll just be patient!

3 hours ago, cm05219 said:

Same! They told me the same thing (give 2-3 weeks to receive feedback) but its been about 6 weeks for me. I haven't heard anything and I am apprehensive to email them again because I know they're swamped with emails. I guess i'll just be patient!

I got a response last year. It took about 8 weeks. They are busy I’m sure, but provide good feedback. 

• Like 1

Did anyone apply with a pending or lack of Medical terminology course? I went to the info session in April and for some reason was under the impression they let that prereq slide and u could complete it by matriculation....could be completely wrong. thanks friends! Also i submitted my supplemental the last week of June and haven't heard anything from them. Hoping my lack of med terminology course isn't the reason why

40 minutes ago, chapstick said:

Did anyone apply with a pending or lack of Medical terminology course? I went to the info session in April and for some reason was under the impression they let that prereq slide and u could complete it by matriculation....could be completely wrong. thanks friends! Also i submitted my supplemental the last week of June and haven't heard anything from them. Hoping my lack of med terminology course isn't the reason why

I doubt that will cause you an issue. As long as you have that planned and complete it prior to matriculation, you're set. As prerequisites go, that's probably one of the best ones to have pending. That being said, upper level prerequisites can be pending too. What really matters in this situation is grades and your academic trend. If it looks like you'll do well and pass your pending courses, then they won't worry about them too much. It's a minority of students that interview with all their prerequisite courses complete. 

All the best! 

I applied June 25 and received the "We received your application materials from CASPA and your information has been forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review" email on July 1st. I still haven't heard back regarding secondary review. Does anyone know if they are just working their way down applications? When did most people find out if they moved to the secondary review or not?

6 hours ago, NikkiNew06 said:

I applied June 25 and received the "We received your application materials from CASPA and your information has been forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review" email on July 1st. I still haven't heard back regarding secondary review. Does anyone know if they are just working their way down applications? When did most people find out if they moved to the secondary review or not?

i submitted on 5/31

application received on 6/10 

second level evaluation on 8/13

& still waiting!! fingers crossed! i think they are just working through all the applications and it takes time!

16 minutes ago, AdventureLover said:

congrats!! do you mind sharing your timeline? like when did you submit & go on to secondary review?

Thank you so much!! & of course not!

CASPA verified: 7/17

GRE scores/CASPER submitted: 7/31

Secondary review: 8/14 (never received an initial review email)

Interview offer: 8/18