2019 - 2020 Application Cycle

On 6/25/2019 at 3:38 PM, catluver27 said:

How long did it take from when your app got verified on CASPA until UF sent you an email saying they received your CASPA app? I have been waiting a few days for a confirmation email, and have gotten nothing so far, so I just wanted to double check!

I submitted my app on 5/24 and received the email from UF on 6/3.  Still waiting to see if I’ve made it to the second level review. I’m sure they have a lot of apps to process so it probably takes longer now than it did a month ago.

On 6/25/2019 at 3:38 PM, catluver27 said:

How long did it take from when your app got verified on CASPA until UF sent you an email saying they received your CASPA app? I have been waiting a few days for a confirmation email, and have gotten nothing so far, so I just wanted to double check!

I didn't hear from them for 9 days and emailed them to ask about it to make sure. They told me there was a system error that caused my notification email to not go through to me. If it has been a while, I would email them. They were very quick to get back to me and very helpful!

No interviews have occurred as of yet.

Interviews begin around the first week of September and are held about every two weeks until the first week of December. Invites generally start going out in late July, early August and then continuously until late November. 

Im going to see what I can learn about the multi step review process, it appears there is possibly an additional step this year between the initial review and the AdCom. My thought and unofficial guess that it likely goes as follows, first review for completeness, second review for minimum requirements, third AdCom review of full application, essays, recommendations for invite.

Checko

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jlduvall said:

So sorry! Did you go through an interview? I’m worried I’ll get one as well since they won’t get my GRE scores until the 20th

The 20th of July is fine. That, in and of itself, won’t cause you to not get an interview.

As we get later in the cycle, the volume and competition goes up, it’s not impossible to get an interview, it just gets more competitive.

Thank you guys. First round of interviews is 8/26-28 this year. This is my second year applying and last year I was waitlisted after interviewing. As far as stats- 308 GRE, 3.5 GPA, 3.2 Science, around 1800 PCE (way more by their “by matriculation” calculations), 1000?+ hours volunteering, extensive research experience, GREAT new Letters of rec. I am very excited to be given the opportunity to interview again, I think they look very favorably on reapplicants, the school is magnificent from faculty to everything they have to offer. Good luck to all of you!!

• Like 2

I was Caspa verified 6/5 and received the “We received your application materials from CASPA and your information has been forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review” email on 6/10. I also did Casper 6/2 but I still haven’t heard anything about a second level review

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 4:17 PM, Nathoff said:

has anyone received an interview from them? my app is in secondary review but I haven't heard anything since. 

How do we know if we are in secondary review? I received my email stating they received my application on 6-17-19 but I haven't heard anything since. 

41 minutes ago, Christinap3 said:

How do we know if we are in secondary review? I received my email stating they received my application on 6-17-19 but I haven't heard anything since. 

You’ll receive a second email stating that you have moved on to the second level evaluation.  I received the application accepted email on 6/3 and second level email yesterday.