2019 - 2020 Application Cycle

22 hours ago, LaurenAutry said:

Just got an e-mail that my application has been sent to AdCom for review. Last year it looks like there was an initial and second level review...does anyone know what to look for? 

Thanks! 

I'm a PA-S1 here, secondary review just means that they have recognized your application is complete and will not be thrown out before the first review by admissions. You could receive a call/email for an interview starting around July.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hang in there everyone and good luck to all.

The first interviews are usually held late August to early September, so invites will likely begin to go out in late July. 

The way I look at the reviews is the first level review is the filter for minimum requirements, completeness, etc. What those mínimums exactly are, I don’t know, but if you look at the class profiles you’ll get a clue. The second level review is the full review of your application by the AdCom. This goes on almost consistently beginning in the weeks after the next didactic class begins in July. 

This is a long and annoying process, but don’t let it get to you. Keep focused on your goal of becoming a PA, it’s well worth it.

All the best!

Checko

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I received an email on May 28 that UF has received my app and has been forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review. Is this the same as a second level review? Is it usual for it to take this long to reach second level review?

Also, my Casper exams have been sent to them as well! 

Thanks in advance for any help!

22 hours ago, SSPP123 said:

I received an email on May 28 that UF has received my app and has been forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review. Is this the same as a second level review? Is it usual for it to take this long to reach second level review?

Also, my Casper exams have been sent to them as well! 

Thanks in advance for any help!

I received the same email on 6/3.  GreatChecko replied that it meant that we have moved on to the second level review but others appear to have gotten another email stating that they were moving into the second level.  Either way, we haven’t gotten a rejection email, so there’s still hope.

7 hours ago, Aselph said:

I received the same email on 6/3.  GreatChecko replied that it meant that we have moved on to the second level review but others appear to have gotten another email stating that they were moving into the second level.  Either way, we haven’t gotten a rejection email, so there’s still hope.

Hahaha love that thinking. Thank you!

Interesting...

Did anyone get both the "second level review" and the "admissions committee" emails? I'm thinking there was a change in the message of the email at some point and it was inadvertently changed.

However, yes, I agree with the above. Until you hear otherwise, you're still in the running until that last interview session occurs in December.

All the best!

On 5/28/19 I received, "We received your application materials from CASPA and your information has been forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review."

On 6/19/19 I received, "The Admissions Committee has completed their inital review of your application and it has been forwarded for second level evaluation by members of the Admissions Committee. You will be contacted directly if you are selected for an interview this cycle. "

Hope this helps everyone. Looking forward to the rest of the cycle.

4 hours ago, djones52 said:

Anyone think it might be too late to apply and still have a chance?

I don’t think it’s too late. On their website it says they have a preferred application deadline of August 1st so there’s still time. I think this means your chances of being interviewed for early decision are higher. 

If you submit after this date I don’t think they will straight out deny you but try to get your app in my August 1st to increase your chances of being interviewed early.

I hope that helped!

• Upvote 1