Jump to content

Recommended Posts

My decision letter said I had till the 18th. Just FYI, my email saying my decision was posted to the GW portal went to spam even though no other GW emails have.

Omg thank you so much! I was wondering where mine was!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I interviewed on 10/5 and honestly feel so bad about it. I have done MMI style before but this one felt way more difficult. I feel like I was so nervous and couldn't get myself to collect my thoughts. I know I also tend to be super hard on myself and misremember things as worse than they actually were but I have just been completely devastated these past few days because GW is my top choice and I feel like I blew it. Does anyone have any words of wisdom or encouragement for me?  

I also felt this way! I had done MMI before but definitely felt this was more challenging and thought I BLEW it but I got a call last week don’t beat yourself up too hard!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, luna721 said:

I interviewed on 10/5 and honestly feel so bad about it. I have done MMI style before but this one felt way more difficult. I feel like I was so nervous and couldn't get myself to collect my thoughts. I know I also tend to be super hard on myself and misremember things as worse than they actually were but I have just been completely devastated these past few days because GW is my top choice and I feel like I blew it. Does anyone have any words of wisdom or encouragement for me?  

I was in the same boat. I definitely felt like I bombed some of the interview questions and felt like a lot of the people at my interview were wayyy more qualified than me. I walked out not expecting to be accepted/waitlisted at best and I was accepted Sept. 18th!! I think it’s natural to have self doubt after such a stressful experience. Keep your head up! 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anyone get invites to the November interview date yet?

Nope. Haven’t been rejected but haven’t been invited to interview either.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, KhaliaB said:

My decision letter said I had till the 18th. Just FYI, my email saying my decision was posted to the GW portal went to spam even though no other GW emails have.

Thank you! Mine said it was due the same day it was sent, 10/5. Also went to spam, and I woke up to a very disappointing email yesterday. Turns out it was a clerical error that they corrected today.. Phew!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a lot of discussion and several pros and cons list I have decided to give up my spot in the program. Hope someone just as deserving gets my spot! Can't wait to see all of you in the future as ROCKSTAR PA's

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's difficult but try to stay positive. I was invited just days before my interview. They seem to start sending invitations about three weeks in advance so it might be a bit early for the November date. Everything is still possible until the last interview day comes and goes. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2019 at 9:31 AM, luna721 said:

I interviewed on 10/5 and honestly feel so bad about it. I have done MMI style before but this one felt way more difficult. I feel like I was so nervous and couldn't get myself to collect my thoughts. I know I also tend to be super hard on myself and misremember things as worse than they actually were but I have just been completely devastated these past few days because GW is my top choice and I feel like I blew it. Does anyone have any words of wisdom or encouragement for me?  

I interviewed 9/6 and pretty much immediately took GWU off my list of potential schools bc I thought I messed up the MMI so badly. During one of the stations I had pretty much no valuable insight and was so nervous and wasn't vibing well with the interviewer at all. And the station ended on the worst note because I asked a question in response to his question and then time was up 🤦🏽‍♀️ and then a week later I had a really easy traditional interview where I thought I did fine. But then on the same day I received an acceptance call from GWU I was rejected from the other school. That's my long winded way of saying this process is so incredibly unpredictable at times. I only felt good for about half of the MMI stations but was still offered acceptance when I didn't even expect to hear anything back until December. I ultimately have made the decision to give up my seat at GWU because I was accepted to the only other program I considered over it. Best of luck, and just trust yourself and trust the process!!! 💕

Edited by nmc2156
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, nmc2156 said:

I interviewed 9/6 and pretty much immediately took GWU off my list of potential schools bc I thought I messed up the MMI so badly. During one of the stations I had pretty much no valuable insight and was so nervous and wasn't vibing well with the interviewer at all. And the station ended on the worst note because I asked a question in response to his question and then time was up 🤦🏽‍♀️ and then a week later I had a really easy traditional interview where I thought I did fine. But then on the same day I received an acceptance call from GWU I was rejected from the other school. That's my long winded way of saying this process is so incredibly unpredictable at times. I only felt good for about half of the MMI stations but was still offered acceptance when I didn't even expect to hear anything back until December. I ultimately have made the decision to give up my seat at GWU because I was accepted to the only other program I considered over it. Best of luck, and just trust yourself and trust the process!!! 💕

Thank you so much for posting this! I really feel like I bombed it but who knows! We are lucky in that it is a holistic process. My fingers are crossed. Congrats on your acceptance! 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys!  I got an acceptance call on October 4th, went to the interview September 21 and received my invite to the interview on September 15th (only 6 days before). 

Edited by PatobeMJ
Deleted information

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2019 at 6:31 AM, luna721 said:

I interviewed on 10/5 and honestly feel so bad about it. I have done MMI style before but this one felt way more difficult. I feel like I was so nervous and couldn't get myself to collect my thoughts. I know I also tend to be super hard on myself and misremember things as worse than they actually were but I have just been completely devastated these past few days because GW is my top choice and I feel like I blew it. Does anyone have any words of wisdom or encouragement for me?  

Honestly I thought I didn’t do well either. There were a few other posts that touched in it but the schools that I thought I did well, I didn’t get accepted and the ones that I thought I did horrible, I got accepted. It’s okay if you messed up on a few (I for sure butchered 2 stations). Keep in mind that you were selected for an interview for a reason and GW sees you as a fit for their program! Keep your head up! Hope it helps, good luck to you! 
 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, soontobepastudent2020 said:

Honestly I thought I didn’t do well either. There were a few other posts that touched in it but the schools that I thought I did well, I didn’t get accepted and the ones that I thought I did horrible, I got accepted. It’s okay if you messed up on a few (I for sure butchered 2 stations). Keep in mind that you were selected for an interview for a reason and GW sees you as a fit for their program! Keep your head up! Hope it helps, good luck to you! 
 

Thanks for the encouraging words! It really helps me to hear this! Hopefully we both get a call soon 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2019 at 6:59 PM, PAdude27 said:

If y’all don’t mind me asking, for those who turned down GWU, what schools did you guys accept? 

Cornell

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone,

I'm a current GW PA student and wanted to let you know that our class created a Facebook group for admitted students. Please feel welcome to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/410868703143420/. You will have to answer a couple questions to be granted to access as we are restricting this group to admitted students. 

It is a great way to meet other admitted students and also have any of your questions answered. The group is monitored by current students that can help answer your questions. Our class will also be putting together a survival guide for new students that will give you lots of tips on everything from housing to academics.

Congrats to those of you that have been admitted and good luck to those of you with upcoming interviews! And for those of you somewhere in between, as someone who applied to PA school twice and remembers how brutal the process can be please trust me when I say that it does all work out.

Best,

Luz

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MilitaryPAONEday said:

To those that have interviewed, do you know when the interview dates are? I still have not received anything from the program since I applied in June. TIA!

Per the GW website, https://smhs.gwu.edu/physician-assistant/admissions#interviews

Interviews will be held on the following days for the 2019-2020 admissions cycle:

  • September 7, 2019
  • September 21, 2019
  • October 5, 2019
  • November 16, 2019

Invitation calls can happen as late as the day before the interview.

Edited by jnypny
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, jnypny said:

Per the GW website, https://smhs.gwu.edu/physician-assistant/admissions#interviews

Interviews will be held on the following days for the 2019-2020 admissions cycle:

  • September 7, 2019
  • September 21, 2019
  • October 5, 2019
  • November 16, 2019

Invitation calls can happen as late as the day before the interview.

Okay thank you, I just spoke with Allison and she said that we would receive information by December. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More