On 8/15/2019 at 11:02 AM, tarynnoelle said:

Do yall think it is possible to get an interview with no shadowing hours? I work for a family practice MD, so it's not like I'm unfamiliar with what a PA does, but I know almost everyone who applies has shadowing. I worked almost full time during school and I have over 1000 PCE hours, research, volunteering, tutoring, my GPA is 3.81. Shadowing is my one flaw I feel like. Do yall think I still have a shot at an interview?

It varies depending on schools but it always does look better if you’ve shadowed a PA because it lets the school know that you’ve seen how they function at work and in different settings. UTHSCSA doesn’t have a requirement but they strongly recommend it. I have seen people get interviews without shadowing so I think you should be good!

Edited by edtru
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, edtru said:

It varies depending on schools but it always does look better if you’ve shadowed a PA because it lets the school know that you’ve seen how they function at work and in different settings. UTSA doesn’t have a requirement but they strongly recommend it. I have seen people get interviews without shadowing so I think you should be good!

thank you!! 🙂 

On 8/15/2019 at 11:09 AM, edtru said:

It varies depending on schools but it always does look better if you’ve shadowed a PA because it lets the school know that you’ve seen how they function at work and in different settings. UTSA doesn’t have a requirement but they strongly recommend it. I have seen people get interviews without shadowing so I think you should be good!

Well to be completely accurate, UTSA doesn't even have a PA program. However, UT Health San Antonio does have a PA program.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OneDayAPA_Maybe said:

Well to be completely accurate, UTSA doesn't even have a PA program. However, UT Health San Antonio does have a PA program.

Yes! That was my mistake. I edited it to not confuse everyone! Thank you! 

15 hours ago, OneDayAPA_Maybe said:

Ah dangit, I put UTSA in my answers to the supplemental application questions. Maybe that's why I haven't been selected for an interview yet. 🤦‍♂️

2 hours ago, Curivity said:

Ah dangit, I put UTSA in my answers to the supplemental application questions. Maybe that's why I haven't been selected for an interview yet. 🤦‍♂️

I did too! I didn't think to differentiate UTSA from UTHSCSA😞 

On 7/15/2019 at 11:34 AM, hoopstar said:

Hello! I submitted my CASPA application 5/28, was verified 5/29, and received a "We have received your complete CASPA application, supplemental application and fee" email on 5/29. I then received a "Still in Review" email 6/04. Wishing everyone the best of luck! 

Hi all, I thought I would update you guys! I received an invitation to interview 08/01. My stats are as followed: 

GPA: 4.0        GRE: 304 v149 q155 w5.0

PCE: ~550    HCE: ~450

Shadowing: ~300 

Volunteering: ~150

Leadership: ~850

I hope this helps, can't wait to meet some of ya'll, and I continue to wish the best of luck to everyone!

Just got an email saying my pre reqs don’t fit 😞 not good news but at least there’s some activity going on. Hopefully I can reconcile with them!

On 8/26/2019 at 4:26 PM, hoopstar said:

Hi all, I thought I would update you guys! I received an invitation to interview 08/01. My stats are as followed: 

GPA: 4.0        GRE: 304 v149 q155 w5.0

PCE: ~550    HCE: ~450

Shadowing: ~300 

Volunteering: ~150

Leadership: ~850

I hope this helps, can't wait to meet some of ya'll, and I continue to wish the best of luck to everyone!

Congratssssss!!!

When did you receive your still in review email?

15 hours ago, JRgb24 said:

Congratssssss!!!

When did you receive your still in review email?

“Hello! I submitted my CASPA application 5/28, was verified 5/29, and received a "We have received your complete CASPA application, supplemental application and fee" email on 5/29. I then received a "Still in Review" email 6/04. Wishing everyone the best of luck!”

Applied 7/1. Verified 7/3 and email confirmation 7/10.  Haven’t heard anything so far, anyone else in the same boat? 

• Upvote 3

last year i applied in mid June and didn't get an interview till dec. They run interviews through the end of the year! just be patient!

• Like 4

ACCEPTED today around 12 pm!!!!! 

Fun story - during lunch I literally got so sick I threw up all over the women's bathroom floor and then again 30 minutes later. Moral of the story: if you feel like your interview goes rough, just be thankful you didn't get physically ill!! Apologies to those at my interview that witnessed this!

anyway, I still got in! be the best version of yourself and you'll do great! even if you upchuck

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Got an interview invite for 10/07! So excited!! Congrats to those who got accepted already. 🙂 I submitted 7/12 and my overall GPA is 3.88. 

Congrats to those who got accepted and  Good luck to those received an interview invite!!!!

Those who received interview invite for 10/07 : when did y’all received the still in review email? 

1 hour ago, JRgb24 said:

Congrats to those who got accepted and  Good luck to those received an interview invite!!!!

Those who received interview invite for 10/07 : when did y’all received the still in review email? 

Received the "still in review" email on August 22 and received an interview invitation  for 10/7 yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

For those of you who have been accepted, have you received anything else other than the call?  I’m mostly curious how long we have to put down the deposit.