On 7/9/2019 at 12:26 PM, girlsjustwannabePAs said:

got an email: "great job! Still in review. The office of admissions has completed the first review of your application. Your application will be made available to faculty for program review." I'm assuming this means that the minimum requirements were met.

Hi!

Is this email different than the email they sent about receiving your app, supplemental and fee? I received the 'application received' one shortly after I submitted, but have not gotten anything after yet.. 

when did you submit? 

Thanks!!

7 hours ago, pa5991 said:

Hi!

Is this email different than the email they sent about receiving your app, supplemental and fee? I received the 'application received' one shortly after I submitted, but have not gotten anything after yet.. 

when did you submit? 

Thanks!!

Yes! It's a different email. I applied 6/7. I got the completed application on 6/11. Got still in review on 7/9. Also all my PA app emails go to my junk so check there too.

Good Luck!

2 hours ago, tarynnoelle said:

Hey everyone!

My application was just verified on CASPA this morning, 7/25/19. Do you think I still have a decent shot of getting an interview? I didn't realize submitting two months early was actually kind of late compared to a lot of people... and I'm feeling a little discouraged and overwhelmed. 😕

Their application is open until October, and I dont think any interviews went out yet so I'd say yea, go for it! 

2 minutes ago, edtru said:

Do you mind sharing your stats?

Sure! 

I still get confused with the all the CASPA date stuff so the best I can tell you is that I submitted my application around June 21st and didn't have all the transcript stuff entered from the professional service until closer to July.

GPA: 3.91

sGPA: 3.92

PCE: ~500 hours

GRE: 316

thats all I can think of let me know if you'd like to know anything else

• Like 1

I got an interview invite! Feeling so blessed rn, congrats to everyone else I’ll see you on sept 9! 

Below are my stats (hope it helps):

First time applicant, San Antonio, TX resident, 26 y/o F

Majors: Undergraduate - Biology,  Graduate - Education 

GPA: Overall - 3.94 [grad (4.0) & undergrad (3.92)], Science - 3.94 

Dates: Verified 6/6, interview invite 7/31 (For 8/24 date)

GRE: 300 total, (145 quant, 155 qual, 5 essay)

Shadowing: 260 hours (1 PA)

Volunteer: about 650 hours 

PCE: about 3500 hours (ED and geriatric clinic scribe) 

On 7/25/2019 at 11:52 AM, tarynnoelle said:

Hey everyone!

My application was just verified on CASPA this morning, 7/25/19. Do you think I still have a decent shot of getting an interview? I didn't realize submitting two months early was actually kind of late compared to a lot of people... and I'm feeling a little discouraged and overwhelmed. 😕

If it makes you feel better,  I submitted to CASPA at 11 pm on 8/7/19. 

On 8/8/2019 at 11:57 AM, joe213 said:

Hello all!

Does anyone know the time frame for the interviews?  I am trying to figure out travel, as I have to fly out the same day as the interview, but have not received any information regarding what time the interview starts/ends.

Thanks!

My interview email told me to report to campus b/t 7-7:30 AM and that we should be done for the day around 4:00PM. 

Do yall think it is possible to get an interview with no shadowing hours? I work for a family practice MD, so it's not like I'm unfamiliar with what a PA does, but I know almost everyone who applies has shadowing. I worked almost full time during school and I have over 1000 PCE hours, research, volunteering, tutoring, my GPA is 3.81. Shadowing is my one flaw I feel like. Do yall think I still have a shot at an interview?

On 8/15/2019 at 11:02 AM, tarynnoelle said:

Do yall think it is possible to get an interview with no shadowing hours? I work for a family practice MD, so it's not like I'm unfamiliar with what a PA does, but I know almost everyone who applies has shadowing. I worked almost full time during school and I have over 1000 PCE hours, research, volunteering, tutoring, my GPA is 3.81. Shadowing is my one flaw I feel like. Do yall think I still have a shot at an interview?

It varies depending on schools but it always does look better if you’ve shadowed a PA because it lets the school know that you’ve seen how they function at work and in different settings. UTHSCSA doesn’t have a requirement but they strongly recommend it. I have seen people get interviews without shadowing so I think you should be good!

Edited by edtru
  • Like 1