Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, brendenPA said:

What does the “still in review” actually mean?

That it's still in review.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

got an email: "great job! Still in review. The office of admissions has completed the first review of your application. Your application will be made available to faculty for program review." I'm assuming this means that the minimum requirements were met.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2019 at 12:26 PM, girlsjustwannabePAs said:

got an email: "great job! Still in review. The office of admissions has completed the first review of your application. Your application will be made available to faculty for program review." I'm assuming this means that the minimum requirements were met.

Hi!

Is this email different than the email they sent about receiving your app, supplemental and fee? I received the 'application received' one shortly after I submitted, but have not gotten anything after yet.. 

when did you submit? 

Thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, pa5991 said:

Hi!

Is this email different than the email they sent about receiving your app, supplemental and fee? I received the 'application received' one shortly after I submitted, but have not gotten anything after yet.. 

when did you submit? 

Thanks!!

Yes! It's a different email. I applied 6/7. I got the completed application on 6/11. Got still in review on 7/9. Also all my PA app emails go to my junk so check there too.

Good Luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello! I submitted my CASPA application 5/28, was verified 5/29, and received a "We have received your complete CASPA application, supplemental application and fee" email on 5/29. I then received a "Still in Review" email 6/04. Wishing everyone the best of luck! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone!

My application was just verified on CASPA this morning, 7/25/19. Do you think I still have a decent shot of getting an interview? I didn't realize submitting two months early was actually kind of late compared to a lot of people... and I'm feeling a little discouraged and overwhelmed. 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tarynnoelle said:

Hey everyone!

My application was just verified on CASPA this morning, 7/25/19. Do you think I still have a decent shot of getting an interview? I didn't realize submitting two months early was actually kind of late compared to a lot of people... and I'm feeling a little discouraged and overwhelmed. 😕

Their application is open until October, and I dont think any interviews went out yet so I'd say yea, go for it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, aalyssa17 said:

Their application is open until October, and I dont think any interviews went out yet so I'd say yea, go for it! 

Thanks for the encouragement 🙂 I finished all my stuff so now I'm just waiting! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mmalone020 said:

Just received my invite to interview!!! On September 9th!!! So excited I love UTHSCSA!!!

Do you mind sharing your stats?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, edtru said:

Do you mind sharing your stats?

Sure! 

I still get confused with the all the CASPA date stuff so the best I can tell you is that I submitted my application around June 21st and didn't have all the transcript stuff entered from the professional service until closer to July.

GPA: 3.91

sGPA: 3.92

PCE: ~500 hours

GRE: 316

thats all I can think of let me know if you'd like to know anything else

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received an interview invite for Setember 9th!!!! So excited!! Here are my stats:

cGPA: 3.93

sGPA: 3.9

GRE: 306 

CASPA verified: 6/19

Still in review email: 6/25

PCE: ~780 hours

Shadowing: 40 hours

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got an interview invite! Feeling so blessed rn, congrats to everyone else I’ll see you on sept 9! 

Below are my stats (hope it helps):

First time applicant, San Antonio, TX resident, 26 y/o F

 

Majors: Undergraduate - Biology,  Graduate - Education 

GPA: Overall - 3.94 [grad (4.0) & undergrad (3.92)], Science - 3.94 

 Dates: Verified 6/6, interview invite 7/31 (For 8/24 date)

GRE: 300 total, (145 quant, 155 qual, 5 essay)

Shadowing: 260 hours (1 PA)

Volunteer: about 650 hours 

 PCE: about 3500 hours (ED and geriatric clinic scribe) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all!

Does anyone know the time frame for the interviews?  I am trying to figure out travel, as I have to fly out the same day as the interview, but have not received any information regarding what time the interview starts/ends.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2019 at 11:52 AM, tarynnoelle said:

Hey everyone!

My application was just verified on CASPA this morning, 7/25/19. Do you think I still have a decent shot of getting an interview? I didn't realize submitting two months early was actually kind of late compared to a lot of people... and I'm feeling a little discouraged and overwhelmed. 😕

If it makes you feel better,  I submitted to CASPA at 11 pm on 8/7/19. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2019 at 11:57 AM, joe213 said:

Hello all!

Does anyone know the time frame for the interviews?  I am trying to figure out travel, as I have to fly out the same day as the interview, but have not received any information regarding what time the interview starts/ends.

Thanks!

My interview email told me to report to campus b/t 7-7:30 AM and that we should be done for the day around 4:00PM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do yall think it is possible to get an interview with no shadowing hours? I work for a family practice MD, so it's not like I'm unfamiliar with what a PA does, but I know almost everyone who applies has shadowing. I worked almost full time during school and I have over 1000 PCE hours, research, volunteering, tutoring, my GPA is 3.81. Shadowing is my one flaw I feel like. Do yall think I still have a shot at an interview?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More