South College - Nashville 2019-2020 Application Cycle

Thank you for this thread, it has been so helpful. I just got an interview invite for 2/14. Can someone share what the group and 1-on-1 interview is like? and the med term test? I am feeling a bit worried after hearing all the great stats, it sounds like everyone who received an interview had great stats like GPA, patient care hours, shadowing and volunteer work, so I wonder on what basis they reject you at the interview? 

Edited by Sammyy1216

What's up guys! This is my 2nd cycle applying, I submitted and was verified in July, had a phone call with a representative to talk about my application in September. Still have not heard since then. From talking to my friends who are in the program currently, they said some of then did not interview until late April and were accepted in May. (Weird I know) Here are my stats as a 2nd time applicant. 

GRE: 300   

sGPA 3.2     x

Overall (3.4) 

Shadowing (560, PA and MD) 

Pt care hours: 8,400 (worked as CNA, Nuclear Medicine Technologist, Student Athletic Trainer)

I applied to South College in Knoxville, Atlanta and Nashville. Has anyone heard about the other two locations? 

1 hour ago, Reesumm said:

Heads up,  they will be reaching out to the waitlisters soon for spots in the program per the admissions director. 

Does this mean they are almost done interviewing?

@madip I cant 100% confirm that... but it might be leaning towards that way??

Just now: We will continue holding interviews until the class has been filled.  I believe that our upcoming interview on March 6th could be the last one.

Edited by Reesumm

On 1/4/2020 at 4:36 PM, jbird66 said:

The deposit was $1500. And I think I had 10 days after the day of my interview to pay it.

Do you know if it’s nonrefundable or refundable? 

Hey guys! I'm new here, but I have an interview on March 6th. Super excited as this will be my second interview in a few weeks. Looking forward to meeting anyone from here who will be there!

36 minutes ago, jevans said:

Hey guys! I'm new here, but I have an interview on March 6th. Super excited as this will be my second interview in a few weeks. Looking forward to meeting anyone from here who will be there!

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats? 

2 hours ago, lauren77 said:

Hello, does anyone know if they will be offering more interviews?

I’d reached out to them asking if there will be more interviews. They said they’ll possibly be interviewing until May, but as of now 30 of their 45 seats are already full.

On 2/14/2020 at 12:09 PM, kgreen said:

How late does the interview go? Would a flight home at 6:25 the same day be reasonable? 

I’m also interviewing on the 6th and was told it would be over around 3:30. Campus is right by the BNA airport so you should have plenty of time!

Guest alexnyong
On 3/12/2020 at 4:38 PM, Reesumm said:

@alexnyong Wait, really?? Like you interviewed but they never gave you a verdict that day??? 

No, got wait listed the day of! 

On 3/26/2020 at 12:40 PM, andrewgrayson22 said:

Does anyone have an update on South? Or any other school they are applying to. I am curious what other schools are doing with dealing with the Coronavirus outbreak.

I went to the 3/6 interview and was waitlisted. I think the coast guard flew by during part of the program introduction. Garrett, the school rep mentioned that day likely would be the last interview date (depending on how many ppl accept I suppose). They possibly could have more interviews, it would almost definitely be online though. 

Does anyone happen to know if they have definitely had their last interview or not? I applied late in the cycle, but I haven't heard anything yet other than the email basically saying they received my application. 

• Upvote 1