Lipscomb University 2019-2020 Application Cycle

26 minutes ago, ahernandez said:

That sounds amazing! Congratulations as well, for the interviews!! I hope you get in! Do you mind sharing your stats? Did they by any chance mention if today was their last interview session?

also ...

GPA- 3.9

HCE 2000 hours around time of submitting application

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello! Really excited to apply here, visited Nashville earlier this month and loved it, so I can definitely see myself loving this school!

I have been the person who looks at the forum and doesn't post, but this interview was so good that I will pause my cynical pessimism towards a forum site that crushes a lot of people's days. I have h

Just starting a thread for the 2019-2020 cycle.  Good luck!

37 minutes ago, kgreen said:

Is the “hold” list the “alternate” list? 

My understanding is that they put interviewers on this so they can wait til after all of the interviews to decide who they would like to accept. Not everyone that interviews is put on this list, there are some who are rejected after the interview and also a select few that may be offered an admission letter. We have been notified that if you are not accepted off of the Hold List, you will be put on an actual wait list. That being said, I'm not sure how many of the interviewers are actually on this hold list. 

Got the rejection email today. Congrats to those of you who made it. I'm glad they made the interview process more bearable. To those who didn't, the next application cycle is just around the corner. Also, for any future students, if you are placed on the hold list and get another offer, take the offer. 

For future reference I don't think there is ever an appropriate time to request the order of a wait-list.  Whether it be from the previous year or current.  It's one thing to be informed on such information by the school voluntarily and another when you ask.  That's just my personal opinion though.

Edited by ThePrePA52
  • Upvote 1

I'm just gonna be helpful to those of you who think you are missing out by not getting in to school this round. If it is for you, you will find a good fit. If not, the healthcare field is wide. I work in the lab and I make about as much as PAs start out making and my associate's degree only cost about 10 grand. There is a lot of student debt, a lot of people will say they don't want to work with you because you aren't a doctor, etc. I personally see a PA as my healthcare provider, but he went to Emory and is extremely intelligent. Anyway, know what you are signing up for. Not everyone is going to like you, and if you are a person or facility that thrives on getting people's acceptance, I would say this field is gonna teach you some hard lessons. Let me hear your opinions on this.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest alexnyong

My friend in lipscomb's pharmacy program told me to google the program director of the PA program and found out that  his medical license was on probation due to inappropriate relationships with patients as well as for inappropriate prescribing. 
Is this detrimental to the values and reputation of the program? I'm applying this cycle and from TN so I've been doing research on all schools in the area. 

Edited by alexnyong
info edit
On 2/7/2020 at 6:31 PM, AlexAdkins said:

I have been the person who looks at the forum and doesn't post, but this interview was so good that I will pause my cynical pessimism towards a forum site that crushes a lot of people's days. I have had the opportunity to interview (and accepted to some) at Northeastern, George Washington, Drexel, and Shenandoah. Without a doubt, the Lipscomb experience was unmatched. The happiness and passion from the faculty, the food, the free t-shirt, the interview and personal questions*, and how honest they were blew all of my other experiences out of the water. I may not even get in here, but if you're skeptical about applying, send it on this place!

I am too.  Really excited about this program.  Nashville is the "healthcare capital of the world" so I am not worried about getting a job there afterwards.

Guest alexnyong
3 hours ago, paul10573 said:

alexnyong-

Not sure where you got your information.  I am accepted for this fall and just verified your information is wrong. Are you trying to damage a reputation? You are violating the rules by posting false information.

I would never want to post false information, I was genuinely concerned. I found it here: https://www.tn.gov/content/dam/tn/health/documents/ME011215.pdf page 5 under "section 3. OGC/Disciplinary Business". I mean the information is out there for any one in the state of TN since its an obligation for the medical board review to post publicly about any issues with practicing providers.