Lipscomb University 2019-2020 Application Cycle

On 10/20/2019 at 3:33 PM, bmags said:

Received an interview invite a few days ago and ended up choosing January 3rd--to anyone else that's interviewing then, I'm looking forward to meeting you! Lipscomb's one of my top choices so I'm beyond excited!!

I'll be there too.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello! Really excited to apply here, visited Nashville earlier this month and loved it, so I can definitely see myself loving this school!

I have been the person who looks at the forum and doesn't post, but this interview was so good that I will pause my cynical pessimism towards a forum site that crushes a lot of people's days. I have h

Just starting a thread for the 2019-2020 cycle.  Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, cnh032 said:

Does anyone know if they place all applicants on hold after the interview if they are not immediately selected or do some people receive a denial after the interview?

From looking at last years application cycle, I saw someone stated that they knew of a couple (who also knew of a few people) that were interviewed and rejected. So it seems that not everyone is placed in “hold status” after their interview. 

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, smor593 said:

Did anyone apply to Liposcomb for this cycle and didn't hear back from them yet?

I did submit my application very late (mid October) but I didn't hear anything from them yet and every time I call they tell me that means it is still under review!

I applied this cycle around the beginning of August and I haven’t heard anything yet either 

• 2 weeks later...

After I applied I hadn't heard back, I emailed them last week to check on my status and they said I was on a interview wait list. Just got an email saying someone canceled their interview and they want me to come interview on February 7th! Look forward to seeing you all there!

• Like 2
On 1/14/2020 at 9:31 AM, aegmon said:

After I applied I hadn't heard back, I emailed them last week to check on my status and they said I was on a interview wait list. Just got an email saying someone canceled their interview and they want me to come interview on February 7th! Look forward to seeing you all there!

Can you share your stats please?

On 1/16/2020 at 10:00 PM, smor593 said:

Can you share your stats please?

Bachelors in Neuroscience (December 2019)

cGPA: 3.69

sGPA: 3.62

HCE: 360 Patient companion  

PCE: 1500 (now 2000) Nursing Home CNA, hospital PCT 

PA shadowing: 20 (PA in heart failure clinic) 

LOR: Professor, nurse manager, floor nurse, nursing home assistant director (family member of a resident) 

volunteer: 500 (various things) 

On 1/14/2020 at 10:31 AM, aegmon said:

Good for you. Good luck!

22 hours ago, prepa1998 said:

Does anyone know when they will start to make more admission decisions?

I received an email that stated they will make the rest of their admission offers after the last interview date on Feb 7th. They did not say a specific date on when this will be. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have been the person who looks at the forum and doesn't post, but this interview was so good that I will pause my cynical pessimism towards a forum site that crushes a lot of people's days. I have had the opportunity to interview (and accepted to some) at Northeastern, George Washington, Drexel, and Shenandoah. Without a doubt, the Lipscomb experience was unmatched. The happiness and passion from the faculty, the food, the free t-shirt, the interview and personal questions*, and how honest they were blew all of my other experiences out of the water. I may not even get in here, but if you're skeptical about applying, send it on this place!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, AlexAdkins said:

I have been the person who looks at the forum and doesn't post, but this interview was so good that I will pause my cynical pessimism towards a forum site that crushes a lot of people's days. I have had the opportunity to interview (and accepted to some) at Northeastern, George Washington, Drexel, and Shenandoah. Without a doubt, the Lipscomb experience was unmatched. The happiness and passion from the faculty, the food, the free t-shirt, the interview and personal questions*, and how honest they were blew all of my other experiences out of the water. I may not even get in here, but if you're skeptical about applying, send it on this place!

I am in the same boat as you! I was accepted in to 6 programs and honestly never even considered lipscomb. The staff is what was my selling point and the simulation + anatomy lab were also nice. My only concern is the new clinical rotations. Would you attend if you were accepted? Im also slightly concerned about a saturated ACP market in Nashville following graduation, but we can deal with that once we get there.

• Upvote 1