Lipscomb University 2019-2020 Application Cycle

13 hours ago, cnh032 said:

Does anyone know if they place all applicants on hold after the interview if they are not immediately selected or do some people receive a denial after the interview?

From looking at last years application cycle, I saw someone stated that they knew of a couple (who also knew of a few people) that were interviewed and rejected. So it seems that not everyone is placed in “hold status” after their interview. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, smor593 said:

Did anyone apply to Liposcomb for this cycle and didn't hear back from them yet?

I did submit my application very late (mid October) but I didn't hear anything from them yet and every time I call they tell me that means it is still under review!

I applied this cycle around the beginning of August and I haven’t heard anything yet either 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2020 at 9:31 AM, aegmon said:

After I applied I hadn't heard back, I emailed them last week to check on my status and they said I was on a interview wait list. Just got an email saying someone canceled their interview and they want me to come interview on February 7th! Look forward to seeing you all there!

Can you share your stats please?

On 1/16/2020 at 10:00 PM, smor593 said:

Can you share your stats please?

Bachelors in Neuroscience (December 2019)

cGPA: 3.69

sGPA: 3.62

HCE: 360 Patient companion  

PCE: 1500 (now 2000) Nursing Home CNA, hospital PCT 

PA shadowing: 20 (PA in heart failure clinic) 

LOR: Professor, nurse manager, floor nurse, nursing home assistant director (family member of a resident) 

volunteer: 500 (various things) 

On 1/14/2020 at 10:31 AM, aegmon said:

After I applied I hadn't heard back, I emailed them last week to check on my status and they said I was on a interview wait list. Just got an email saying someone canceled their interview and they want me to come interview on February 7th! Look forward to seeing you all there!

Good for you. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been the person who looks at the forum and doesn't post, but this interview was so good that I will pause my cynical pessimism towards a forum site that crushes a lot of people's days. I have had the opportunity to interview (and accepted to some) at Northeastern, George Washington, Drexel, and Shenandoah. Without a doubt, the Lipscomb experience was unmatched. The happiness and passion from the faculty, the food, the free t-shirt, the interview and personal questions*, and how honest they were blew all of my other experiences out of the water. I may not even get in here, but if you're skeptical about applying, send it on this place!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, AlexAdkins said:

I have been the person who looks at the forum and doesn't post, but this interview was so good that I will pause my cynical pessimism towards a forum site that crushes a lot of people's days. I have had the opportunity to interview (and accepted to some) at Northeastern, George Washington, Drexel, and Shenandoah. Without a doubt, the Lipscomb experience was unmatched. The happiness and passion from the faculty, the food, the free t-shirt, the interview and personal questions*, and how honest they were blew all of my other experiences out of the water. I may not even get in here, but if you're skeptical about applying, send it on this place!

I am in the same boat as you! I was accepted in to 6 programs and honestly never even considered lipscomb. The staff is what was my selling point and the simulation + anatomy lab were also nice. My only concern is the new clinical rotations. Would you attend if you were accepted? Im also slightly concerned about a saturated ACP market in Nashville following graduation, but we can deal with that once we get there.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, ahernandez said:

That sounds amazing! Congratulations as well, for the interviews!! I hope you get in! Do you mind sharing your stats? Did they by any chance mention if today was their last interview session?

also ...

GPA- 3.9

HCE 2000 hours around time of submitting application

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, kgreen said:

Is the “hold” list the “alternate” list? 

My understanding is that they put interviewers on this so they can wait til after all of the interviews to decide who they would like to accept. Not everyone that interviews is put on this list, there are some who are rejected after the interview and also a select few that may be offered an admission letter. We have been notified that if you are not accepted off of the Hold List, you will be put on an actual wait list. That being said, I'm not sure how many of the interviewers are actually on this hold list. 

Got the rejection email today. Congrats to those of you who made it. I'm glad they made the interview process more bearable. To those who didn't, the next application cycle is just around the corner. Also, for any future students, if you are placed on the hold list and get another offer, take the offer.