scurles1

Lipscomb University 2019-2020 Application Cycle

On 8/19/2019 at 8:30 AM, Jwhitson5 said:

Would anyone mind sharing their stats for those of you who received an interview for this cycle?  I am a senior undergrad at Lipscomb this year and trying to see how competitive of an applicant I will be for this next upcoming cycle. Thanks in advance!

I hope this is helpful/provides hope for anyone applying this cycle or anyone who wanders to this forum in the future. 

My stats. First time applicant. Received interview invitation. Declined interview because of acceptance elsewhere. 

BA in history; cGPA: 3.44; sGPA: 3.41; 2000hrs CNA, medical mission volunteer; 23hrs shadowing PAs; 4 LORs - MD x2, post-bac professor, nurse supervisor.

Feel free to contact me w/ any questions. 

Does anyone know the code to send my GRE score? I submitted my application but I can’t find the code to submit my GRE

never mind!!! 

Edited by Stephanienmarti

On 9/13/2019 at 9:17 AM, kioconnor said:

has anyone been pulled off the waitlist? curious about how many they pull off of it...

Still haven’t heard anything since my 8/23 interview. Hopefully we will hear back after this coming interview at the end of the month!

I applied here last minute after visiting Nashville and enjoying the city. 

Cgpa- 3.83

Sgpa- 3.84

EMT- >1000 hours

Patient Care Tech/Telemetry Tech - 500 hours (full time current job)

Pt aid voulenteer - 100

shadowing- 8 hours

Edited by jspreen

I interviewed on Friday and  got my acceptance call yesterday! I’m excited to be a part of this program. The interview had 2 two on 1 ten minute interviews, a lunch, a tour, and a writing sample. They were very nice and just used the interview to get to know you, so don’t be stressed. Good luck to those of you waiting to hear back and interview! 

40 minutes ago, Mkandersen said:

I interviewed on Friday and  got my acceptance call yesterday! I’m excited to be a part of this program. The interview had 2 two on 1 ten minute interviews, a lunch, a tour, and a writing sample. They were very nice and just used the interview to get to know you, so don’t be stressed. Good luck to those of you waiting to hear back and interview! 

I will also be joining Lipscomb’s class in 2020. I am very excited! Can’t wait to meet you

• Like 2

On 10/1/2019 at 9:27 AM, kms135 said:

I will also be joining Lipscomb’s class in 2020. I am very excited! Can’t wait to meet you

I will also be joining the class of 2020! So excited and can’t wait! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Katetram said:

I’m thinking about creating a Facebook group for the class. Let me know if you want to be added!

Me!! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sadie01xx said:

I will be interviewing at Lipscomb on Oct. 18! Super excited. This is definitely my top choice for PA school!

I'll be seeing you there!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sadie01xx said:

I will be interviewing at Lipscomb on Oct. 18! Super excited. This is definitely my top choice for PA school!

Congratulations! Can I ask you why this is your top choice ? 

• Like 1

On 10/7/2019 at 4:20 PM, jspreen said:

Congratulations! Can I ask you why this is your top choice ? 

Thank you! I absolutely love Nashville. Also, the people who I have been in contact with so far at the school have been so friendly and it seems very welcoming there!

Edited by Sadie01xx

7 hours ago, kaylasue22 said:

does anyone know if they require the GRE for admissions. I can't find anything about it on their website...

they do not!

• Like 1

On 9/6/2019 at 4:29 PM, MichaelGaryScott said:

I hope this is helpful/provides hope for anyone applying this cycle or anyone who wanders to this forum in the future. 

My stats. First time applicant. Received interview invitation. Declined interview because of acceptance elsewhere. 

BA in history; cGPA: 3.44; sGPA: 3.41; 2000hrs CNA, medical mission volunteer; 23hrs shadowing PAs; 4 LORs - MD x2, post-bac professor, nurse supervisor.

Feel free to contact me w/ any questions. 

What science classes did you take to achieve a 3.41? Also, how did you get accepted with a BA, don't most require BS?

On 10/7/2019 at 1:23 PM, Sadie01xx said:

Thank you! I absolutely love Nashville. Also, the people who I have been in contact with so far at the school have been so friendly and it seems very welcoming there!

Hey Sadie,

Congrats on the interview! Does Lipscomb have rolling admissions?

1 hour ago, mkcaputo22 said:

What science classes did you take to achieve a 3.41? Also, how did you get accepted with a BA, don't most require BS?

As long as you have a degree and you meet the schools pre reqs you can get accepted. BS/BA doesn’t matter

I was there on the 18th for the interview.  Let me say a few things.  If you are at all nervous about the interview then DON'T BE!!!!  They are very warm and welcoming so don't be so uptight.  They truly care about you as a person and that's how it should be.

Received an interview invite a few days ago and ended up choosing January 3rd--to anyone else that's interviewing then, I'm looking forward to meeting you! Lipscomb's one of my top choices so I'm beyond excited!!

Edited by bmags