High Point University 2019-2020 Application Cycle

On 9/10/2019 at 8:59 PM, eliss691 said:

Congrats to those accepted! Any advice or tips about the interview day and what kinds of questions they ask?

They have you interview one on one with a faculty member and then a PA from the community. In both interviews that I had they were super friendly and conversational and they definitely seemed to want to get to know me as a person! They don't have your CASPA in front of them and I don't think they've even seen them, so make sure when you're answering questions you're keeping that in mind! I don't remember what questions they asked exactly, but I felt like they were pretty standard questions and they weren't trying to stump me. Good luck!!

16 hours ago, PAistheway212 said:

Has anybody been accepted from the 9/17 interview date? I know people who interviewed on 9/13 have been offered seats. Wondering if the committee met and deliberated at the same time for both interview sessions since they were so close to one another? Just starting to panic a little bit!!

I was at the 9/13 interview. I didn’t know anyone had been offered seats yet from my group. I have not received any information yet. 

5 hours ago, Zsofia said:

When did you submit your application? I am out of state as well and applied beginning of August

I think I submitted around the second week of July - I can’t remember the exact date! Try not to worry, they said they host interviews through December, and I assume they kind of select them as they go! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, eliss691 said:

I think I submitted around the second week of July - I can’t remember the exact date! Try not to worry, they said they host interviews through December, and I assume they kind of select them as they go! 

Do you happen to know if they leave you a voicemail if you miss a call from them? And maybe what number they use? 

59 minutes ago, Ccampbell0220 said:

Do you happen to know if they leave you a voicemail if you miss a call from them? And maybe what number they use? 

I can’t say if they leave a voicemail since I happened to pick up the call both times, but it’s a high point area code of 336! I would assume they would leave a voicemail though. I doubt they would just forfeit your interview/acceptance because you can’t get to the phone. 

6 hours ago, eliss691 said:

Has anyone who received an acceptance call gotten a confirmation email? I got the call a week ago but haven’t heard anything since then, and it’s making me nervous. I emailed them Sunday to follow up, but they haven’t responded. 

I got the call that I was accepted last Friday and I interviewed 9/17 and have not gotten an email confirmation yet either