University of Tampa 2019-2020 Application Cycle

received and email from them asking for an equivalent course to chem II. I didn't have to take chem II in college but I took organic chem and received a A so I emailed them back with that; but have not heard anything since. Should I follow up? Has this happened to anyone?

Hmm...I I had to complete a petition form for my anatomy requirement (CVA) for the program to review. I contacted admissions and was instructed to upload the petition form to my CASPA app. I had anatomy though and wasn’t missing it. Organic isn’t general chemistry but I would just communicate with admissions to see what can be done. If it’s been over 10 business days might be wise to follow up. They were very helpful with me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 9/27/2019 at 9:09 AM, jlthornt said:

Hmm...I I had to complete a petition form for my anatomy requirement (CVA) for the program to review. I contacted admissions and was instructed to upload the petition form to my CASPA app. I had anatomy though and wasn’t missing it. Organic isn’t general chemistry but I would just communicate with admissions to see what can be done. If it’s been over 10 business days might be wise to follow up. They were very helpful with me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I was asked to submit a prerequisite petition form to count Organic Chem as one the Chem pre-reqs. They asked me to email them a copy of the syllabus for the class. I don't think Organic Chem counts toward a general chem class requirement, so I would follow up and look for the petition form they have on the admissions site (pdf) in case they want you to fill it out. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, abrooklyn95 said:

Hey everyone, congrats to those who were given interview offers! As far as anyone knows, if we didn’t get an email today does that mean we didn’t get an interview or should we be expecting a rejection email? Thanks in advance 🙂 

So they’ve said they’re going to interview exactly 120 people. Those who got an email yesterday have until a certain time Monday to RSVP. If people decline the offer or fail to respond, they’ll probably send more invites out some time after the Monday deadline to get the number up to 120. I’m in the same boat as you and trying to stay positive!

Edited by PAJourney148

4 hours ago, PAJourney148 said:

So they’ve said they’re going to interview exactly 120 people. Those who got an email yesterday have until a certain time Monday to RSVP. If people decline the offer or fail to respond, they’ll probably send more invites out some time after the Monday deadline to get the number up to 120. I’m in the same boat as you and trying to stay positive!

Ahhh got it! Thank you for the information. Good luck, we got this!!

• 1 month later...