application cycle 2019

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey guys! Just wondering if anyone would be willing to share their interview experience from last year? I'm so honored to be part of the first interview session for University of Pittsburgh and really want to be prepared 🙂 It will be over Zoom due to COVID and I am aware it is MMI style, but any particular tips or tricks to keep in mind would be highly appreciated!!

Hope everyone is well!

Thanks.

1 hour ago, AlexisA said:

Hey guys! Just wondering if anyone would be willing to share their interview experience from last year? I'm so honored to be part of the first interview session for University of Pittsburgh and really want to be prepared 🙂 It will be over Zoom due to COVID and I am aware it is MMI style, but any particular tips or tricks to keep in mind would be highly appreciated!!

Hope everyone is well!

Thanks.

Hi Alexis! I’m a student in my didactic year. Congrats on getting an interview, that is so exciting! As cliche as this sounds my honest advice would be to be yourself and don’t be afraid to show your personality and why you’re passionate about this career. You have the stats and got the interview, now they want to see why you would be a good fit in the program and vice versa! I googled a lot of questions and practiced interviewing with the PA I worked for and listened to some PA podcasts that talked about interviewing styles and questions. You all will do great and best of luck to you! 🙂 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/7/2019 at 6:40 PM, JMAK42 said:

Interviewing on Sept. 10th, anyone accepted have any advice or would mind sharing their stats? I am so so nervous! 

As lame as it sounds, be yourself. Check your internet connections. Smile. It's ok to be a little nervous. Prepare and review program mission and anything you can learn about the program.