Assigning courses to satisfy prerequisites

I am in the process of filling out my CASPA application and, under Program Materials for each program I am applying to, it asks me to assign the course from my transcript entry to each respective prerequisite. I am having trouble deciding which courses to assign in some cases. For example, for "Anatomy", I have the option to assign A&P I (in lieu of Anatomy, since I did not take that class) and for "Physiology", I have the option to assign A&P II. I have taken A&P I and A&P II, but I have ALSO taken actual Physiology (which was a more advanced class). For the programs requesting "Anatomy", I am assigning my A&P I course. What should I assign for "Physiology"? For consistency, I want to add A&P II. For accuracy on what they desire, I want to add Physiology. For now, I have assigned both A&P II + Lab AND Physiology + Lab (4 courses). I feel that this is overkill. I am having the same issue with the prerequisites labelled "Science Electives". It wants me to choose 1 out of a list which I have taken the majority of. Which one do I assign? The most advanced? All of them? Side note: I managed to graduate with a 4.0, so the grade I made is a negligent deciding factor. Thank you in advance!

I can only speak to my experience and I chose to lean on the side of adding every relevant course. I think 2 is totally acceptable, maybe 3. In the case that you have more than that, I'd say the most advanced or most relevant. But it is hard to know how/if/what affect that had on my application in the end (yes, was accepted to 4/5 schools applied). I don't think coursework ever came up in interviews, let alone these kinds of logistics. I think it's more of a, "do you meet the requirement or not."

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ejohns20 said:

I can only speak to my experience and I chose to lean on the side of adding every relevant course. I think 2 is totally acceptable, maybe 3. In the case that you have more than that, I'd say the most advanced or most relevant. But it is hard to know how/if/what affect that had on my application in the end (yes, was accepted to 4/5 schools applied). I don't think coursework ever came up in interviews, let alone these kinds of logistics. I think it's more of a, "do you meet the requirement or not."

Then that is what I'll do! Thank you so much 🙂

Do NOT assign every relevant course. The ADCOMS hate it because now they have calculate a pre-req GPA for you by hand - if they are willing to do that. They already know all the courses you took on your coursework, they are 1) seeing if you met the minimum courses they need you to take and 2) trying to get a pre-req GPA.

Meet the requirements, and pick the best course that satisfies them.

Go all in and you've already annoyed them before they have finished reviewing you - if they bother to finish.

Edited by Allegro