2019-2020 application cycle

Hey all,

My CASPA application was verified last week and I applied to the 4 nova schools and have yet to have any contact from them. When I called the admissions office this morning the lady told me they haven't received any of my information yet. Does anyone know how long it takes to get to the schools after CASPA verifies an application??

On 7/15/2019 at 9:46 AM, MGATC said:

Hey all,

My CASPA application was verified last week and I applied to the 4 nova schools and have yet to have any contact from them. When I called the admissions office this morning the lady told me they haven't received any of my information yet. Does anyone know how long it takes to get to the schools after CASPA verifies an application??

I always thought it was instant, as soon as caspa verifies it then its released to the schools. NOVA did take longer to send out a confirmation email when i submitted my application. I applied and was verified in may and didnt hear anything until june

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, aalyssa17 said:

has anyone gotten anything? When they called me the beginning of June to confirm my application they said I'd be receiving an email in 4-6 weeks on weather or not I'd gotten an interview. was anyone else told this?

I heard from them in early June as well and haven’t heard anything since

7 hours ago, aalyssa17 said:

Ugh, I read last years thread and it seems like the first wave of invites went out mid-August. 

I interviewed during the 2016-2017 cycle and can confirm, early to mid August is when the bulk of interviews were sent out. I was wait listed, reasonably so as my GPA and ScGPA were just average (3.4 reg, 3.75 Science) and my GRE was 81% percentile qualitative, but just 52% Quantitative. So I went and completed a masters in a health sciences program I was planning to do after PA school instead and am reapplying this year with hopefully better luck. Most PA programs are this way if you've applied to several places, dont sweat not hearing back right away. Unless you've got so much experience you're basically already a clinician or have been building hospitals in Uganda while keeping a 3.9...the programs hold out until late July/early August to give people a fighting chance to get everything verified and finish a summer course.

18 hours ago, Lbarnum said:

I interviewed during the 2016-2017 cycle and can confirm, early to mid August is when the bulk of interviews were sent out. I was wait listed, reasonably so as my GPA and ScGPA were just average (3.4 reg, 3.75 Science) and my GRE was 81% percentile qualitative, but just 52% Quantitative. So I went and completed a masters in a health sciences program I was planning to do after PA school instead and am reapplying this year with hopefully better luck. Most PA programs are this way if you've applied to several places, dont sweat not hearing back right away. Unless you've got so much experience you're basically already a clinician or have been building hospitals in Uganda while keeping a 3.9...the programs hold out until late July/early August to give people a fighting chance to get everything verified and finish a summer course.

What was your experience like (if you do not mind me asking). Your stats do not sound that bad, I'm suprised you had to complete a whole other masters first.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 2:45 PM, healthcare3o0 said:

What was your experience like (if you do not mind me asking). Your stats do not sound that bad, I'm suprised you had to complete a whole other masters first.

I was very nervous, but actually the interview process was really pretty great. They may have changed the format since, but at the time we had a 3 tier interview day, one with a whole group combined with tour, one just you and the interviewers, and the last was sort of a mix of those two with a little. They definitely did well to make us feel comfortable. They really emphasized that if you made it this far, you belong, even if you aren't chosen, to not get discouraged. Thats half the reason I reapplied!

Oh i definitely didn't have to get a master's degree, I could've just added more PCE hours (at only 2300k now) or retaken the GRE.  The program i'm doing is the health sciences-integrative medicine program at the George Washington University in DC. Its one I had my eye on either before or after PA just because it focuses a lot on lifestyle management strategies for patients and thats the direction I think the industry is going. But, adding more GPA and degrees cant hurt.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...