Barry university PA program 2019-2020 cycle

On 1/28/2020 at 12:02 PM, emilybuttkus said:

I just got an interview invite to the Miami Campus on February 7. I am so excited! I'm from California though, so I was wondering if anyone from around the area has tips for those of us traveling from out of state? So excited to meet you guys at the interview! 

I stayed at the Best Western Plus Windsor Inn on Biscayne! 10-15 minutes away. A little pricy, but I felt comfortable and safe. There's also a Whole Foods and Walgreens in walking distance.

16 hours ago, edtru said:

For those who interviewed, was it just interviewees at the program information session, financial aid presentation, and campus tour or were there others (such as parents, spouse, etc.) present as well?

Just interviewees! Just my personal opinion, but I do not think it's looked at favorably to bring someone with you to ANY PA school interview (even MD/DO/PT/Pharm interviews).  They are looking for maturity 🙂 Medicine is a conservative discipline that deals with a high level of responsibility. I personally do not think it's deemed professional to bring anyone but yourself to your interviews!! It's ok if they give you a ride to your interviews though.

On 1/27/2020 at 7:21 PM, youngbreezy said:

I received an invite for February 7th or February 14th and I also applied way back in May. Im still trying to decide if I want to go due to accepting a seat elsewhere. It's such a hard decision! 

Whats your stats?

On 1/27/2020 at 7:23 PM, TazPA said:

I applied back in may and have not heard anything yet. I'm getting so nervous!

Samesies

On 1/31/2020 at 10:28 AM, MVL121 said:

Just interviewees! Just my personal opinion, but I do not think it's looked at favorably to bring someone with you to ANY PA school interview (even MD/DO/PT/Pharm interviews).  They are looking for maturity 🙂 Medicine is a conservative discipline that deals with a high level of responsibility. I personally do not think it's deemed professional to bring anyone but yourself to your interviews!! It's ok if they give you a ride to your interviews though.

I understand, I have not brought anyone into an interview. I was just curious because we’re coming from out of town!

On 2/2/2020 at 11:57 AM, edtru said:

I understand, I have not brought anyone into an interview. I was just curious because we’re coming from out of town!

Ah I see! Just wanted to let you know since I noticed some interviewees brought their parents in some interviews I’ve been at! Good luck 🙂