FLORIDA: Florida State University Cycle 2019-2020

I recently received an invitation for the 10/28 interview date! I’m super excited but getting a little nervous about having one of the later interview dates after seeing this thread. Is there a high likelihood that the class will be pretty much full by the time my interview date rolls around? Not sure if anyone knows this answer but just curious!

On 9/10/2019 at 12:35 AM, agadz said:

I recently received an invitation for the 10/28 interview date! I’m super excited but getting a little nervous about having one of the later interview dates after seeing this thread. Is there a high likelihood that the class will be pretty much full by the time my interview date rolls around? Not sure if anyone knows this answer but just curious!

Congratulations on your interview! If it’s similar to recent cycles, only a few acceptances are allotted for each interview date initially and the majority are given out after all interviews have been completed. Do not worry about having a later interview date as you are probably just as likely to be accepted than someone with an earlier date.

On 9/9/2019 at 10:41 PM, ERPA63271 said:

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for you to hear back from FSU after the interview date? Is it usually weeks/months?

In the past a small number of acceptances were given out a few days after the interview and the majority were after all interviews were completed. If you do have an early interview and don’t hear back right away do not fret. It was several months before I received my acceptance.

On 9/18/2019 at 5:40 PM, willsu10 said:

I did not attend FSU as an undergrad.  As for the interview, the best way I can describe the MMI is that it's similar to taking the CASPER, but in person. I did a handful of practice MMI questions beforehand, but I don't think I was any more or less prepared because of it.

I have to ask, even if the format is MMI, we’re you asked the golden question “Why do you want to be a PA?” 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, megan0710 said:

Hi, I was just looking at the FSU PA program website and noticed that that they now are requiring CASPER, but this was not on the website back when I applied in June. Does anyone know if the CASPER test is required for 2019-2020 cycle? Or is that for next year?

Yes the Casper is required to be eligible for an interview as far as I’m concerned 

I know it’s super late but I’m thinking of submitting my application to FSU this week. My application has already been verified so it shouldn’t be an issue with having my CASPA in by Oct. 1st. 

My question is regarding the supplemental application fee though. I saw that the fee also needs to be submitted by Oct. 1st. How long did it take for everyone to receive the email for the supplemental application fee? Or is it a bit too late to apply/get everything in on time?