Sign in to follow this  

Volunteer Hours Reporting

I have a quick question as CASPA approaches, I volunteered sporadically at big organizations throughout my undergrad so I was never given an actual supervisor for this volunteer experiences. What should I put down for CASPA then? Like for instance, I volunteered with my friends every December with Operation Christmas Child where we would just sign up online for a time slot and show up and volunteer. I do not have a supervisor name though so I am unsure how to report this...

I am also applying this cycle but if I were you I would list the coordinator who runs the program in the facility you volunteered at. At least the coordinator can verify the program happens there when you said it did and maybe they have records of your volunteering/you can email them and show them what you have recorded yourself

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By PotentialPA1
      I’ve already been gathering my PCE/HCE by volunteering as an EMT, working as a Scribe, and working as a DSP at a home for people with head injuries. So, volunteering at an animal shelter would simply just be my “giving back to the community” addition to my application. I love animals so this would be really satisfying for me to do in my spare time, when I’m not working with humans lol. Would schools look at this at all, or is it just a waste of my time that I should be spending working at a soup kitchen or something? I understand that a soup kitchen would probably be better and I plan on doing something like that once covid is over but for now my friend is starting up her own animal shelter and I would love for this to count for my application and make me look better to schools.
    • By nakimtang
      Hi everyone, 
      Im a sophomore in college, about to be a junior. I started off in a CC. I’m currently taking a chemistry class that combines OCHEM, biological, and general chem. It is TOUGH! I’m wondering if i’ll make it to PA school. I’m volunteering at a hospital now but have not been going in the last couple of weeks due to having to be at work at 4 am and being completely exhausted after. I am feeling like I don’t have enough time to catch up on volunteering or shadowing. Does anyone have any tips for volunteering and finding someone to shadow? Stories of you also feeling this way? 
      Thanks all, 
      Sienna.
    • By outontheparkway
      Hi all 

How do we go about logging volunteerhours? do we estimate them or do we need to keep a record of all our volunteer positions? Most of my volunteer work is small-time stuff scattered here and there but often enough. A fundraiser here a feeding the homeless here. I don't want the experiences to come off as forced just to get hours though. So how do we log volunteer hours on applications?

Thanks!
    • By KBAB
      For applicants with many hours of volunteer experience(500+, even in the thousands...) what types of experience do you have and how many years did it take to gain that many hours?

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More