Class of 2022 Applicants 2019-2020 Cycle

10 minutes ago, Wishinandhoping16 said:

Yikes..I interview this Thursday. I agree that it's discouraging to hear that, but not everyone will accept and seats will be given to the waitlisted people as we get closer and closer to May. I just hope the list is not too long! Trying to keep positive..

I interview this Thursday as well! Looking forward to meeting you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wishinandhoping16 said:

Yikes..I interview this Thursday. I agree that it's discouraging to hear that, but not everyone will accept and seats will be given to the waitlisted people as we get closer and closer to May. I just hope the list is not too long! Trying to keep positive..

They were supposed to meet that Thursday in December two days after my interview but didn't. They ended up meeting to discuss my interview group on January 9th. I called the day after because they accepted at lease one of the applicants from my group. When I called is when Judy told me that I was on the accept/hold list. I wonder how long it is too.

24 minutes ago, SaintFlorian said:

Judy called me this morning to tell me I’ve been accepted! I’m both so happy and nervous at the same time. Four years of hard work paying off, especially this past year. Nova was my top choice and I’m at a loss for words right now! YES!!

Wow!!!!! Congratulations!! That was a complete 180 from yesterday being worried to today being accepted! Make sure to celebrate!!!! Congrats, again.

5 hours ago, Wishinandhoping16 said:

Wow!!!!! Congratulations!! That was a complete 180 from yesterday being worried to today being accepted! Make sure to celebrate!!!! Congrats, again.

Thank you! Yeah, she told me I was first on the accept/hold list and someone withdrew, so here I am! Lists to do to prepare before May. Seems right around the corner.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SaintFlorian said:

Welp, I’ve paid the non-refundable deposit and sent in my letter of intent. It’s all real now. 

Edit - @Jthepa @Wishinandhoping16, how did your interviews go?!

Yes, it got real! Very exciting.. The interview was a lot better than I anticipated it to be. I was nervous about the individual interview but I felt comfortable when I sat down with the interviewers. It was more of a natural conversation than them going down a list of standard questions. I was impressed with the staff and everyone there. I got a call letting me know the class is full but I will be placed on the accept/hold list. Fingers crossed. If not, I will make sure to apply early for next cycle. I'll keep you posted in case I get lucky and we become classmates in a few months!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Wishinandhoping16 said:

Yes, it got real! Very exciting.. The interview was a lot better than I anticipated it to be. I was nervous about the individual interview but I felt comfortable when I sat down with the interviewers. It was more of a natural conversation than them going down a list of standard questions. I was impressed with the staff and everyone there. I got a call letting me know the class is full but I will be placed on the accept/hold list. Fingers crossed. If not, I will make sure to apply early for next cycle. I'll keep you posted in case I get lucky and we become classmates in a few months!

That is amazing, congratulations! We did they call you?

13 minutes ago, Wishinandhoping16 said:

Thank you, J! But, it's now waiting and having luck on my side. There's a bigger chance I might need to apply next cycle. I got the call yesterday. 

Good luck! I’m sure you are in a good spot and will get that call!

i have not heard anything as of yet, trying to still stay hopeful!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Maddie88 said:

Hi all! I have an interview this Monday, 2/3 and am super nervous. For people who have interviewed, were the questions in the individual interview difficult/unexpected questions? If anyone could let me know that'd be great. Congrats to everyone who's been accepted already! Hoping to be next 🙂

My questions were all very straightforward. They asked me why I wanted to be a PA, why I wanted to attend Nova, and about my experiences working at the hospital. Then they asked if I had any questions for them. After speaking with the other candidates interviewed that day, it seems they asked all of us something about our personal experiences. 

Good luck on your interview!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SaintFlorian said:

My questions were all very straightforward. They asked me why I wanted to be a PA, why I wanted to attend Nova, and about my experiences working at the hospital. Then they asked if I had any questions for them. After speaking with the other candidates interviewed that day, it seems they asked all of us something about our personal experiences. 

Good luck on your interview!

Thank you so much!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2020 at 9:37 AM, DPfe005 said:

Hey everyone,

I have an acceptance to both the Jacksonville and the Fort Lauderdale programs and having a hard time with a decision. Anyone have any insight on to why they choose Ft. Lauderale over another PA program? 

- Cadaver labs - the highlight of my summer semester

- Lots to do around FTL/Davie, theres a very nice gym, and a bar on campus.

- Students get free home tickets to Miami Dolphins games 

- One of two programs in Florida that does a special 12 week ER Certificate rotation thru TeamHealth for those interested in ER (4 students are interviewed/picked out of the class), I am one of those students and currently on the rotation. I also plan on applying to TeamHealth's ER residency so it is a very good segue for that as well.

- Good interprofessional exposure since the school has all types of programs nursing, speech, rad tech, MD, DO, PT, AA, OT, etc..

I also lived local so the decision was very easy for me, and the FTL campus was my number one choice either way and it always had a great reputation.

• Upvote 1