I would wait til next cycle to apply. If you do well in biochemistry, organic chemistry, and genetics it will demonstrate to programs that you can handle advanced science courses. Yet if you apply this cycle most program will not see those grades when they are making a decision about interviewing you. Additionally taking three challenging courses while applying sounds like a recipe for failure. Focus on one thing at a time! You should also consider taking the GRE in the winter. A high GRE score could help offset your lower GPA. 

58 minutes ago, panglossian said:

I would wait til next cycle to apply. If you do well in biochemistry, organic chemistry, and genetics it will demonstrate to programs that you can handle advanced science courses. Yet if you apply this cycle most program will not see those grades when they are making a decision about interviewing you. Additionally taking three challenging courses while applying sounds like a recipe for failure. Focus on one thing at a time! You should also consider taking the GRE in the winter. A high GRE score could help offset your lower GPA. 

I find some schools not require these 3 courses... I already ask the person for writing ROL for me😭 is there any hope?

I replied on your topic in the other forum section.. there is hope as I stated. Just work on improving in the meantime regardless of whether or not you apply this cycle or next. Certain classes are required or not required by different programs..just know the ones you are applying to. I got into a program not needing biochemistry and not needing the GRE (although i did take the GRE to further expand my application options)

24 minutes ago, Gbpmk399132 said:

I replied on your topic in the other forum section.. there is hope as I stated. Just work on improving in the meantime regardless of whether or not you apply this cycle or next. Certain classes are required or not required by different programs..just know the ones you are applying to. I got into a program not needing biochemistry and not needing the GRE (although i did take the GRE to further expand my application options)

Thanks for your response😉 I plan to take the GRE in summer 😥

2 hours ago, 1996shihan said:

I find some schools not require these 3 courses... I already ask the person for writing ROL for me😭 is there any hope?

Why are you taking these courses? For your GPA or your application? If you already have an undergraduate degree, three science courses will not do much to improve your GPA. Regardless there is hope and I think you could have a stellar application in the future!

You can easily tell the person writing your letter of recommendation that you want to put forth the best application possible and would like to postpone applying. Thank them for agreeing to write a letter and ask if they would be willing to wait a year. Asking someone to write you a recommendation should not determine if you apply this cycle or not. 

1 hour ago, panglossian said:

Why are you taking these courses? For your GPA or your application? If you already have an undergraduate degree, three science courses will not do much to improve your GPA. Regardless there is hope and I think you could have a stellar application in the future!

You can easily tell the person writing your letter of recommendation that you want to put forth the best application possible and would like to postpone applying. Thank them for agreeing to write a letter and ask if they would be willing to wait a year. Asking someone to write you a recommendation should not determine if you apply this cycle or not. 

These three courses only for application requirement of some school. I will graduate have my BSN this year in May 🙂

Archived