Anyone know how much the program is for out of staters? My calculations have it at $156,745. Im from California so I don’t qualify for in state tuition. Anyone aware of any special forms of finical aid that uab offers?

Edited by jspreen

8 hours ago, jspreen said:

Anyone know how much the program is for out of staters? My calculations have it at $156,745. Im from California so I don’t qualify for in state tuition. Anyone aware of any special forms of finical aid that uab offers?

As a SC resident, I asked about this and was told none, there are outside scholarships you can apply to after your didactic year but that’s it

55 minutes ago, crossfitcandle said:

Anyone know if there's a Facebook or groupme for those that got accepted? 🎉 Also, those that haven't heard, breathe. It takes time to make all these calls!!

Easier said than done 😩 trying to stay distracted lol

2 hours ago, crossfitcandle said:

Anyone know if there's a Facebook or groupme for those that got accepted? 🎉 Also, those that haven't heard, breathe. It takes time to make all these calls!!

Hi! First year here. We will make a Facebook page for your class once everyone is accepted. Ours was made around the beginning of February this year. I made a groupme for my class last year and and posted my email on the thread and had people email me their numbers to add them to it 🙂 congrats!

Edited by TayHolli
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, TayHolli said:

Hi! First year here. We will make a Facebook page for your class once everyone is accepted. Ours was made around the beginning of February this year. I made a groupme for my class last year and and posted my email on the thread and had people email me their numbers to add them to it 🙂 congrats!

Is there a guy named Luis Torres in your class? He apparently is the admin of a group that shares a name similar to last years group. UAB PA Class of 2022. I requested to join but have not been approved. I’m just curious if that is a legitimate group.

22 hours ago, jlduvall said:

For those who were called and accepted, have you received your email yet?

I just received my email! Congrats to everyone that has been accepted!! Does anyone know if they have made all the calls yet?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Abby13 said:

Hi everyone, congrats to all accepted! Has anyone that applied for the dual degree heard back yet? 

Not me..not yet anyway

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, steviemarieann said:

I just received my email! Congrats to everyone that has been accepted!! Does anyone know if they have made all the calls yet?

Congrats!! Does the email say there is a deadline for putting the deposit down for those who have already been accepted? If so would you mind sharing when that is? Thanks!

Edited by Maddie99

40 minutes ago, steviemarieann said:

I just received mine too!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jspreen said:

I’m also from out of state and calculated the same! Do you know if this is right? 😅

So I emailed Kerry Glasscock and she said first round of calls have been made, but more calls will go out if someone declines their acceptance. This process is ongoing to January 2020.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/21/2019 at 3:33 PM, Maddie99 said:

Congrats!! Does the email say there is a deadline for putting the deposit down for those who have already been accepted? If so would you mind sharing when that is? Thanks!

Thank you so much! And It said December 20th!

Is anyone  looking for a roommate in the Birmingham-area/moving to bham soon? I am currently looking for roommates in my house here in Birmingham and just wanted to see if anyone is in need of a place currently!! It’s in a wonderful community in Hoover about 15 min from UAB! Just thought I would try here first!

Edited by SMullins

11 hours ago, SMullins said:

Is anyone  looking for a roommate in the Birmingham-area/moving to bham soon? I am currently looking for roommates in my house here in Birmingham and just wanted to see if anyone is in need of a place currently!! It’s in a wonderful community in Hoover about 15 min from UAB! Just thought I would try here first!

I’m not moving soon, but am interested!