Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Good luck, everyone! I look forward to seeing some of you on 11/4! I attend undergrad here, and I would be happy to answer any questions regarding campus life, parking (or lack thereof), etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jlthornt said:


Did that program indicate this would be possible for only 2018 results? Curious if it’s just that year if you know. Thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They did not specify. I'm sorry!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all!

I am in the Class of 2021 in UAB's PA Program and just signed up to tour you all on Halloween! We are so excited to meet you all and to show you the ins and outs of the program. I remember all too well what it was like constantly checking this forum only a year ago. 

Get to interviews early! Parking at UAB is not the best. Feel free to ask me any questions you have about the program in the meantime. For those of you still waiting on responses, best of luck!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I will be interviewing Monday, November 4th! I'm arriving on Saturday (muuuuchhhh cheaper to fly) so I will have lots of free time if anyone is interested in exploring/going out to eat. Also, do any of you know if UAB does their rotations locally? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hello, I will be interviewing Monday, November 4th! I'm arriving on Saturday (muuuuchhhh cheaper to fly) so I will have lots of free time if anyone is interested in exploring/going out to eat. Also, do any of you know if UAB does their rotations locally? 

Congrats! I know in my interview last year my interviewer talked about a Texas rotation. A friend in a previous year went to Montana. So yes to local, but it seems there are other locations, too. A current student could answer better!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2019 at 7:37 PM, smithsanders112 said:

Hello all!

I am in the Class of 2021 in UAB's PA Program and just signed up to tour you all on Halloween! We are so excited to meet you all and to show you the ins and outs of the program. I remember all too well what it was like constantly checking this forum only a year ago. 

Get to interviews early! Parking at UAB is not the best. Feel free to ask me any questions you have about the program in the meantime. For those of you still waiting on responses, best of luck!

Hey! I'm interviewing on 11/1 starting at 11am. What time should I get to Birmingham to ensure I get a parking spot and to the building on time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hey! I'm interviewing on 11/1 starting at 11am. What time should I get to Birmingham to ensure I get a parking spot and to the building on time?

I drove last year and parking was a nightmare. It was full and still charged me to enter the lot. Planning to Uber this year so i don’t have to worry. Good luck and congrats on your interview!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jlthornt said:


I drove last year and parking was a nightmare. It was full and still charged me to enter the lot. Planning to Uber this year so i don’t have to worry. Good luck and congrats on your interview!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yikes. That sounds miserable. Thank you so much, you too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone received neither a rejection nor an interview invite? I haven't heard a peep since my email back in August that said my app was under review and we would be notified in October. We're closing in on November and I'm wondering if any more invites will be going out. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kc2020 said:

Has anyone received neither a rejection nor an interview invite? I haven't heard a peep since my email back in August that said my app was under review and we would be notified in October. We're closing in on November and I'm wondering if any more invites will be going out. 

I haven't heard anything as well. No news is good news I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kc2020 said:

Has anyone received neither a rejection nor an interview invite? I haven't heard a peep since my email back in August that said my app was under review and we would be notified in October. We're closing in on November and I'm wondering if any more invites will be going out. 

I also haven't gotten a rejection nor interview invite. Not sure if that is good or not! Maybe they are waiting on acceptances or students declining acceptance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2019 at 7:37 PM, smithsanders112 said:

Hello all!

I am in the Class of 2021 in UAB's PA Program and just signed up to tour you all on Halloween! We are so excited to meet you all and to show you the ins and outs of the program. I remember all too well what it was like constantly checking this forum only a year ago. 

Get to interviews early! Parking at UAB is not the best. Feel free to ask me any questions you have about the program in the meantime. For those of you still waiting on responses, best of luck!

@smithsanders112 hello, my interview is Halloween and I fly in around 1:30 tomorrow - I was wondering if anybody volunteers at the Firehouse Shelter because I’d really like to tour/discuss but I know the clinic is only there on the first and third Wednesday’s of the month

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Mattiebatch one-on-one was what I experienced last year. Also, very open-ended questioning. “Tell me about this experience”... or “Tell me about yourself”... 

Edited by Reeannuh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2019 at 6:51 PM, jlduvall said:

I’m wondering the same thing. I haven’t heard anything but thought I had a good shot. 

@jlduvallHey! I remember you from Thursday! How did you think it went? (Melissa, sat across from you) I think it went very well but don't want to get too excited. Anyone else from 10/31 session?

Edited by ishinigami

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, ishinigami said:

@jlduvallHey! I remember you from Thursday! How did you think it went? (Melissa, sat across from you) I think it went very well but don't want to get too excited. Anyone else from 10/31 session?

Hey! I think it went really well! I loved our group. I was surprised that the interview was really just a good conversation. I was over prepared for sure! What about you? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jlduvall said:

Hey! I think it went really well! I loved our group. I was surprised that the interview was really just a good conversation. I was over prepared for sure! What about you? 

I agree. It was very laid back. I feel like I was over prepared as well but it didn't hurt anything. I felt confident. Hopefully not over confident!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, sydthekid said:

For those of you that have already interviewed, is there anything we need to bring with us? Like a picture ID? Thanks in advance.

No, we just walked in, found our names on a folder, grabbed it and name tag and sat down and waited. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2019 at 5:20 PM, 13thART said:

Do any of you know if they’re willing/able to hold luggage? I’d rather not leave it in the hotel. 

A girl brought her luggage on the day I interviewed and it didn't seem to be a problem. Just ask someone where you can put it when you get there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More