2019-2020 Application Cycle

Did everyone receive a confirmation email after the supplemental application was submitted? I received an email the same day my CASPA application was verified, but I submitted my supplemental on 6/25 and haven't heard anything yet. Wasn't sure if I should give it more time or email them to see if it was received. Thanks!

On 6/29/2019 at 10:39 AM, sydthekid said:

Did everyone receive a confirmation email after the supplemental application was submitted? I received an email the same day my CASPA application was verified, but I submitted my supplemental on 6/25 and haven't heard anything yet. Wasn't sure if I should give it more time or email them to see if it was received. Thanks!

I did receive a confirmation email stating this...

"Thank you for your application to the Physician Assistant Program at University of Alabama at Birmingham. We have received your CASPA Application, GRE or MCAT Scores, and Supplemental Application. We are pleased to inform you that your application is now under review by our program. We will extend interview invitations to qualified applicants in October via email."

However, this was 14 days after submitting it!

On 6/13/2019 at 7:53 PM, jlthornt said:

Definitely a hard earned acceptance for her. I may have even talked with her during interviews! This will be my fourth time so hoping my hard work and perseverance pays off this year. And I'm originally from Huntsville but live in Birmingham and have been here since undergrad. How about you?

I'm from originally from Decatur and now live in Madison. I am loving being closer to the Huntsville area!

Guest ishinigami
On 6/26/2019 at 3:05 AM, jlduvall said:

As a second time applicant for UAB I can tell you that they don’t place a ton of emphasis on the GRE. I think your scores are completely fine for them. My quant was much lower and when I went to review how I could become more competitive they didn’t bring it up. I heard they may do away with that aspect in the future. You can always contact Heather Hallman (who has replaced Bill Drace as the admissions director). She’s great at looking over apps and returning emails quickly. Hope this helps! 

Has he changed positions or is he not there anymore? I was supposed to have a mock interview/talk with him next week! 😞

Guest ishinigami
1 minute ago, jlduvall said:

He is retiring but is still there! This will be his last rounds of interviews I heard. 

Wow ok thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2019 at 9:00 PM, jlduvall said:

Hey Kelly! Congrats on getting in and sorry you had to defer. Does UAB give you the option to hold your spot? 

Yes!! So so thankful for them! I ended up sending Drace an email, and I ended up receiving a form from Mrs. Glasscock essentially saying see you next year. They were super easy to work with and understanding!! 🙌

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, paxander said:

Just got an interview invite for Halloween!! Ooo scary! Haha. Yay! I'm so excited! This will be my second round and they are definitely my top choice! Good luck to everyone!

Did you get an email or call? Also what were your stats if you don’t mind sharing!