PAgoals92

2020 Applicants post here!!

Hi all!

Has anyone been successful speaking to the program advisor? I have to retake the required course but one of those is more recent on a grad school level. anyone have any experience with this?

I've been speaking to Rebeca-Garcia-Cartaya, a little difficult to catch over the phone or email since she is so busy but is a sweetheart in person. I recommend going in person if you are able to. Which course are you retaking if you don't mind me asking? Good luck!

• Like 1

I am non-trad, so all the major core requirements since they are over the 5 year limit. I started a Master's program at Barry last year (BMS) but did not finish. I was wondering if the Anatomy could be substituted (6 hours) or if I would need to retake that along with everything else.

I have gone to (Medical campus) twice in person (3 times if you count getting sent to Hialeah Campus and they had no clue but I needed)  and i'll be honest it hasn't been the best overall experience with knowing who to talk to, getting referred to several people, the distance to get there etc.

i guess i'm trying to minimize the amount of time that goes into the retakes, and the money (since I don't currently qualify for instate tuition).

***does anyone have any online recommendations to retake the classes that is/was accepted by the program? 

Thank you BTW, i will add that name to my list 🙂

Edited by Yimsy

Hey Yimsy,

I did the Barry BMS program as well and yes it counted towards the required courses as long as it was within five years. They accepted my anatomy, physiology, medical micro, and biochem 1 and 2 for the anatomy, micro, and chemistry requirements. Hope this helps. 

• Like 1

As far as an online recommendation, I would suggest the University of Phoenix. I took a few courses there and was able to transfer them to MDC without a problem. A bit expensive, however, the courses are about six weeks. 

Dealing with MDC can be a bit daunting at times but just hang in there, it's a great school overall 🙂 You'll be fine!

• Like 1

On 5/15/2019 at 10:04 AM, Yimsy said:

Hi all!

Has anyone been successful speaking to the program advisor? I have to retake the required course but one of those is more recent on a grad school level. anyone have any experience with this?

Yes I have taken some courses as post graduate at community colleges that Mdc program advisor has approved. Classes like organic Chem was counted as science credit and replaced my gen chem courses. Hope this helps

Edited by Dory8

Hi Nick, 

You have to have all your pre-req classes completed by the summer of the year that you are applying.

Good luck,

Luis

• Like 1

Hello who is interested in creating a chat for the upcoming admission test and application process. Please contact me at 786-355-5008 or claud733@gmail.com

• Like 2

Hi guys, I am almost done with my pre-reqs so far I have a sGPA 4.0 and a cGPA 4.0. Also, I’ve been working as a Nurse Assistant and shadowing a PA and an NP at the same time. I just wanted to know if I would be a good candidate for the program? (Currently have an AS)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello who is interested in creating a chat for the upcoming admission test and application process. Please contact me at 786-355-5008 or claud733@gmail.com

Hey I’m interested in creating a WhatsApp group or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk