University of Detroit Mercy: 2019-2020 Application Cycle

10 minutes ago, TuxPenguin said:

PotatoLife,

I'll be starting on the two year track this August, I was wondering when orientation and such take place. The PA program has been a bit obtuse on giving exact dates right now for some reason. 

Thanks.

Interviews have not begun, so they haven’t sent out any information regarding the class entering this year. Our orientation was beginning of July, and the white coat ceremony was beginning of August. Classes begin August 31 this year 

Interviews have not begun, so they haven’t sent out any information regarding the class entering this year. Our orientation was beginning of July, and the white coat ceremony was beginning of August. Classes begin August 31 this year 

Do you know when we should expect to hear by for interviews?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2/4/2020 at 11:32 AM, TuxPenguin said:

PotatoLife,

I'll be starting on the two year track this August, I was wondering when orientation and such take place. The PA program has been a bit obtuse on giving exact dates right now for some reason. 

Thanks.

Hi! How do you know you are starting in August???? Did you already get an interview? I thought they haven't even started interview invitations for this cycle yet????

6 hours ago, CharlieSaysWhatNow said:

Potatolife,

What is the female to male ratio? How many students are 30+ years old? And do you find that those students bring someting different to the class as opposed to those students who went straight from undergrad? Thanks in advance. 

I believe we have 53 females and 16 males. A few of the students are above the age of 30. I feel like everyone in the class brings something important to the program. Everyone has cool experiences, and most of the students did not come straight from undergrad

On 2/5/2020 at 12:20 PM, prepams said:

Hi! How do you know you are starting in August???? Did you already get an interview? I thought they haven't even started interview invitations for this cycle yet????

I am in the current 5 year track at UDM. Spots are guaranteed, as are interviews obviously. Much of the normal application process is a formality more than anything else. I asked Potatolife because UDM's PA faculty are decidedly vague with orientation dates and such, even with program members. 

Interviews start in March as far as I'm aware. All of 5 year will have to interview and has gone through the same application process that everyone else has, just without the added stress. This program is something of a god send that 18 year old me didn't fully appreciate when I was admitted here as a freshman.

Thanks Melissa! I doubt they called everyone yet. I’m sure the process takes them a while since they are taking time to call everyone and not just sending out a mass email. I believe I read somewhere that it takes 1-2 weeks for them to contact everyone. 

Congrats on the interview! Do you mind sharing your stats?

• Like 1

On 2/15/2020 at 2:13 PM, MelissaW83 said:

Congratulations on the interview request ! 

I wonder if they have already made all the calls for interviews 😕 

I received a call for an interview on Friday but I will be declining the interview due to accepting an offer at Western. Hopefully this will open up a spot for one of you! Best of luck to you all! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sanaamir said:

Hey! I just called and she said she will be sending follow up emails soon!

Hello! Congrats on the interview! I was just wondering if you or anybody on here knows if they are still making calls outside of the spots being opened from people turning down the interview? Staying optimistic that there is a chance to get that call still! 

Thanks!

Hello! Congrats on the interview! I was just wondering if you or anybody on here knows if they are still making calls outside of the spots being opened from people turning down the interview? Staying optimistic that there is a chance to get that call still! 

Thanks!

Hey! I called and she said that they’re going to be calling all of this week, next week, and possibly the week after that!

• Like 1