PAlinz

Starting Dermatology offer

Hello, 

I'm a PA with 10 years experience but none in dermatology. I have been offered a job in dermatology for a full time position in Pennsylvania. I may be working 1-2 days a week after training as a sole provider. I was offered a base of 105k, 5 weeks pto, 1 week cme, and a 20% productivity bonus after I reach 137k in earnings. Is this a fair offer or should I negotiate a higher percentage or base? Unfortunately,  I have no derm pas in my area to network with. Thank you for your time! 

If this is a field that really interests you you should take it. It is very hard to get into derm and "we will train" type positions are rare. 

2 hours ago, sas5814 said:

If this is a field that really interests you you should take it. It is very hard to get into derm and "we will train" type positions are rare. 

^^^''

VERY HARD.

They say you can always tell the derm PA's at a conference.  They are in the Ferrari......

• Upvote 1

On 4/15/2019 at 1:56 PM, PAlinz said:

I may be working 1-2 days a week...I was offered a base of 105k, 5 weeks pto, 1 week cme, and a 20% productivity bonus...

something seems rather off there...you are going to be paid $105k for 1-2 days/week of work?  On top of that you get vacation and CME time with bonus production?  Please tell me where this is so I can call the practice and offer to work 3 days/week for $105k.

I don't think  it's a troll. The post reads "1-2 days a week after training as the sole provider"  e.g.,  would be on his / her own 1-2 days a week in the work environment after training; I don't think he /she meant as only working a total 1-2 days a week. Thus the request for feedback since new to derm ..... ?? 

Hello

This is not a troll.

I meant to say that I would be working alone 1-2 days a week. My main question is about the productivity. How hard is it to surpass 137k per quarter and what is the average amount of collections per quarter for a full time pa working in general derm, no mohs or cosmetics. Thank you guys for your input.

Is $137k collections or charges?  Because one is going to be a lot harder to reach than the other, but if you have a full schedule I don’t think either would be hard to reach once you get efficient. 

On 4/17/2019 at 10:03 AM, PALiHPA said:

Hello

This is not a troll.

I meant to say that I would be working alone 1-2 days a week. My main question is about the productivity. How hard is it to surpass 137k per quarter and what is the average amount of collections per quarter for a full time pa working in general derm, no mohs or cosmetics. Thank you guys for your input.

Not a troll yet set up a new account to reply on your own post?