Middle TN Job Market

I am a recent PA grad who is moving to the greater Nashville area (Mt. Juliet TN specifically). I am willing to drive an hour or so outside of the city to find employment and I have submitted many applications but have not had much luck with hearing back from places. I take my PANCE in 2 weeks and was wondering if it would be easier once I am licensed to actually begin to get offers. Does anyone have any advice or know of any places hiring? Thanks!

Hey there - I don't have much advice, but I'm in the same boat as you! I'm looking to relocate to Nashville after I graduate next month.  I take the PANCE on May 21....I have been applying to as many PA positions in the Nashville area as I can, but have not heard back. And there just seems to be not a lot of jobs to apply for in general, have you noticed this? I feel like there might be a saturation of NPs in the area. 

I'm basically reaching out to all recruiters possible and sending my resume to clinics that seem interesting, even if they do not have a job posting at this time. 

Good luck! Let me know if you figure out the job market out there, lol...

Guest thatgirlonabike

My friend, who is a new grad NP in Women's Health lives in that area.  It has taken her almost a year to find an NP position.  

• 1 month later...