Divorce/Breakup Before PA School

Hi All,

I'll be starting PA school this August (yay!!) but sadly my marriage has come to an end and I've filed for divorce. Needless to say, I'm heartbroken and not functioning at full capacity.

I'm wondering, for those of you who have been through the ending of a long term relationship/marriage, how long did it take you to at least be able to function? My fear is I won't be emotionally stable enough to focus come August.

Any advice or kind words would be greatly appreciated.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

@ancientMedicine I am doing really really really well! I got a therapist who helped me through a lot of the emotions and found a group of friends in the program who offered me support. The first 3 months of the program were really rough BUT I was able to refocus my sadness into determination and I put all of that into my classes. I got involved, I went to social events and planned ahead so that when bad days did happen, I was able to take the night off and focus on me. LOTS of self care, self love and self kindness. I went on walks. If I can do it, so can you!! Please feel free to private message me! I'm happy to help in any way I can.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1