When to submit CASPA if EMT in progress?

Hi Everyone!

This is my first time adding a topic to the discussion board. I tried to search and look through pages on any input that would help give insight to my current dilemma with no avail. Basically, I am enrolled in a EMT course that will not end until mid June. I will probably not be able to complete the ride along hours and patient contacts until late June. That being said, would it be advisable to submit my CASPA application early and then update my application once I have completed the certification or would it be better to apply late June when I am completely done? I have everything else in order and will likely be able to apply as early as May. However, I'm a bit fearful that some programs will not check for the update. I also have the option to receive transcript credit for this class and was thinking of submitting my CASPA early with this course in progress and then updating my grade, and uploading the certificate at the same time at a later date. I would like to thank you all so much for taking the time in reading and possibly responding to this in advance : )

Frankly having the EMT cert without actual EMT hours is just lip service.  (And hours earned as part of the certificate don't count for PCE/HCE).

You might as well submit with it in process and be able to submit earlier because unless you plan to wait until you have significant PCE hours, it really makes no difference.

^^ what the person above me said. Theres little to no value of having your EMT license without actual hours. Hours you gain during your clinicals wont count in CASPA, and its only like what, 80 hours that you gain during clinicals? Either submit it with the license in progress, or just wait until next year. Keep in mind if you do get interviews many may ask why you submitted this year with no hours.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived