Has anyone done this? No clue what to do

Got into the program of my dreams(great pance rates, brand new facilities, tons of clinical exposure, etc.) and was ecstatic until I found out the tuition for a three year program would end up being around 120k. On top of that, the program is in an area with a high cost of living bringing my total borrowed amount to ~165k. Since a new cycle is approaching, I am highly considering reapplying to find a cheaper option. But I also think it'd be ridiculous to give up a guaranteed seat for a possible seat. Has anyone been in a similar situation?

If you're only estimating $15k/yr in living expenses either the are is not as high COL as you think or you are grossly underestimating the cost.

Look it's a LOT of debt.  And frankly I think you're underestimating it but either way it puts you at AT LEAST $1600k+/mo in loan repayment which is a LOT.  It is a very cumbersome amount.

But you aren't guaranteed an acceptance next year, either.  Only you can decide what the right choice is for yourself.

I would not put myself through the torture of another cycle. I had to decide between two acceptances. Both programs including the cost of living are over $120,000. I'm starting this summer. It is just what we have to accept haha. The rewarding career that follows will allow us to eventually pay off the loans. I would attend this school you really like.

You reapplying because you don't want to pay that much is also making you miss out on a year's worth of income as a PA ($90k+). You're also not guaranteed a spot for next year. You also don't know if you'll get accepted into another school with cheaper tuition. I recommend just going to the school you were accepted into

Archived