Should the AAPA board fire Jennifer Dorn for the title change survey debacle?

Should the AAPA board fire Jennifer Dorn for the title change survey debacle  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Given that the long-awaited title change survey approved by the AAPA has finally been launched, yet fraught with issues in both delivery and content, should the AAPA board require the resignation of AAPA CEO Jennifer L. Dorn?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

UGL,  the Huddle response to question #4 is sad.  The marketing company apparently was not prepared and did/does not know what we are or exactly what we want!!  Sad considering how much money they have been paid.

I wasn’t impressed by the survey. That a general-purpose contractor would want to spend some time and effort understanding our particular situation however is not surprising nor offensive. I spent 15 years with a general-purpose independent R&D organization and grew to expect an “understanding the problem” task at the beginning of a new project.

That said, AAPA still has some stakeholder communications to do and waiting 6 more weeks to do it isn’t a great idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 12:26 PM, dmdpac said:

I've long believed that it is important to belong to one's professional organization.  It used to bother me that people would willingly not belong.

It used to bother me, that is, until now.  As a result of this survey I can see why people could, and would, have written off AAPA as an effective leader of our profession.  I have not given up on them yet.  I still think it's important to belong and to continue to advocate for ourselves.  However, I'm astounded at how poorly this project has been executed.  As such, new leadership may be in order. 

I'm still waiting for the AAPA to confront the DEA about their outrageous registration fees.  Until that happens, I can't think of anything the AAPA could do to benefit my life or practice.

Oh, and lower their membership fees a bit.  Not all of us work full time or in cheap-lifestyle markets. $295 a year for...not much of anything seems a bit steep.

33 minutes ago, quietmedic said:

Oh, and lower their membership fees a bit.  Not all of us work full time or in cheap-lifestyle markets. $295 a year for...not much of anything seems a bit steep.

Have you done any research on what other professional organizations'  charges and benefits? 

• 4 weeks later...