The Title Change Survey from WPP is Out!

Guest Paula

Guest Paula

I  got the survey today and just finished it.  It was long.  Took me at least 40 minutes.  You will answer lots and lots of questions that appear to be a data gathering endeavor.  I guess I should have expected to be part of data gathering.  Your opinion on title change comes at the very end.  It was interesting, weird, and a bit confusing to me.  Maybe it's just me but I am interested what others think of the survey.  Apparently it will come out in batches every few days and the end of the survey is near the end of April. 

42 minutes ago, charlottew said:

Dang, mine was in the spam folder too. And it took me a good five minutes to even FIND the spam folder for that inbox. Grumble.

Thanks for the tip-off, UGo - a guiding voice of wisdom per usual 🙂

Good lord. Mine was too. Thanks for the heads up

I imagine thousands of surveys will go unnoticed because of this 

Mine was in spam below an email from a Nigerian prince who in his altruism is giving me $1,000,000 USD if I wire $5000 to his account. See he has a checking and a savings and his money is locked in the savings so I have to give him 5k because this will allow him access to the checking... so I can get my 1M! I dunno didn't make sense either, But I finna do it! [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Anyway:

Survey sounds crazy. IMHO it should only contain these 2 questions:

1. Do you think a Title change is necessary?

2. If so, what title should it be?

I'd fill that out in a heartbeat!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Mine was in the spam folder too. There were many healthcare system related questions, which I don't understand why. I was hoping to have more title change related questions. It was kinda painful to do. But the good thing is I don't think people who do not support the title change would sit through it for 40 minutes.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, PACali said:

But the good thing is I don't think people who do not support the title change would sit through it for 40 minutes.  

Way to find the positive in the pile of poo...

I plan to complete mine today, and mine was also in spam folder.  The email is likely going to spam folder because "survey" is in email from sender and because of the link.

Edited by mgriffiths

Just completed my survey (feel free to read my rant posted in another thread...).  Definitely didn't take 40 minutes, but I also chose not to answer some of the "essay questions" - opting to instead paste, "This question has nothing to do with the conversation regarding possibly changing our title."  But, I do feel better after completing the last 25% of the survey, I felt that was done relatively well.

• Upvote 1

I just did my survey, I still think it was like the kids say these days "hella EXTRA!" on the question: "What makes it a bad professional day for you?" I put down: disrespect from Physicians, patients, and other healthcare professionals who prejudge me because "assistant" is in my title!!! LOL and most of the stupid questions where I can fill in i put "What does this have to do with the changing of the PA title?" 

Edited by Joelseff
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kps64 said:

A lot of information and data collection is needed for a proper outcome.  

Like my gender, age, race, salary, whether I feel that I am compensated fairly, etc.?  What do these have to do with the potential for a name change?  Every question that even remotely had to do with name change I answered as fully and accurately as I possibly could.

• Like 1

Went to my spam folder, too.  All the demographic information questions were answered with "I prefer not to answer" as it's not relevant to the overall survey.  Most of the survey, in fact, had little to do with changing our name.  I'm not quite sure it is, exactly, they're pursuing.  It seemed like many of the questions, open ended or not, couldn't realistically be answered without a lot of speculation.  They seemed poorly formed, poorly worded and poorly written.

I'm not holding my breath regarding any results from this project.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dmdpac said:

Went to my spam folder, too.  All the demographic information questions were answered with "I prefer not to answer" as it's not relevant to the overall survey.  Most of the survey, in fact, had little to do with changing our name.  I'm not quite sure it is, exactly, they're pursuing.  It seemed like many of the questions, open ended or not, couldn't realistically be answered without a lot of speculation.  They seemed poorly formed, poorly worded and poorly written.

I'm not holding my breath regarding any results from this project.

Agree but it's all that we've got going for us right now. Everyone just has to fill out the best they can 

4 hours ago, mgriffiths said:

On my iPad and unable to delete Griffith note

RE:  selling our information 

Lol I thought I was cynical.

There’s a lot that goes into creating in caring out a survey. I used to do surveys in undergrad. One would think that they have nothing to do with each other, but in fact, they do... 

The AAPA will be held responsible for an an answer. Back in the early 2000‘s, when they did a name change survey, and a majority of the PAs wanted to change the name, nothing was done. 

And to be honest, you can’t please everybody all the time. So you have to do what’s best for the collective  🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by kps64
  • Upvote 1