What does “in progress” mean?

Hi everyone,

There are many programs that allow you to have 1-2 courses in progress at the time of application submission. I have two courses left to take - one in the summer & one in the fall. Do I have to be currently enrolled in the course to say that it’s in progress? Meaning, do I have to wait to apply until the fall since then I will be actually in the course? I hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance!

Guest thePAway

in progress just means you are planning on taking it and in CASPA you can show which classes you plan on taking in the fall and in the spring and instead of putting a grade in you would put "in progress" to show u plan on taking these so you do not have to wait until you're enrolled

1 hour ago, thePAway said:

in progress just means you are planning on taking it and in CASPA you can show which classes you plan on taking in the fall and in the spring and instead of putting a grade in you would put "in progress" to show u plan on taking these so you do not have to wait until you're enrolled

Thank you so much! I appreciate it. 

I thought in progress meant you are currently taking it however it will not appear on your transcript since its not completed. I could be wrong though as I have never submitted a CASPA application. The university I went to had "In progress" and "Planned" coursework. Planned sounds like what we're talking about here.

Guest thePAway
1 hour ago, OneDayAPA said:

I thought in progress meant you are currently taking it however it will not appear on your transcript since its not completed. I could be wrong though as I have never submitted a CASPA application. The university I went to had "In progress" and "Planned" coursework. Planned sounds like what we're talking about here.

I might be remembering wrong but I think the options were "completed" or "planned/in progress" but either way you are able to show future courses without being enrolled in them!

Archived