High GPA / Low PCE?

Hi everyone!

I am hoping to apply in the coming application cycle but am unsure if I am competitive in certain areas. If anyone also has recommendations for schools that would fit well with my stats please let me know!

BS Neurobiology, minor in Business

GPA: 3.98, science GPA: 4.00, last 60 or so credits: 4.00

GRE: 166 QR, 160 VR, 5 writing

PCE: 1,600 as phlebotomist (around 2000 at time of application submission)

Research: 2 yrs in radiation oncology transitional research lab (no pt contact)

Volunteering: 350 hours (working with a disabled woman, animal shelter, food pantry, hippotherapy)

Involvement: Pre-health org (Exec board 2 yrs), service fraternity (Alpha Phi Omega, exec board 1 yr), online peer support organization (messaging students that submit in need of advice / support)

Shadowing: 65 with PA's (ER, UC, Gyn Onc), 30 MD (Family), 40 Veterinary (Onc, Surgery), 10 Paramedic

LOR: one neurobiology professor, PA I shadowed, clinical supervisor

Are there any schools I would have a better chance at with a high GPA but low PCE? Any advice or thoughts are appreciated!

I think you should apply with 2000 hours and see what happens. The rest of your application is solid. Just make sure you have a strong personal sramement. You can pick schools that don’t have an extremely high average number of hours, but it can’t hurt to apply to some “reach” schools as well. You never know what will happen 🙂 Best of luck!

Archived