CMV: This awful offer. Cardiology. New Grad.

Small private practice Cardiology, in West Chester PA, 30 Min outside of Philly. 

Benefits. If you have any questions please let me know. I believe I've covered everything in the list below.
Salary- 75-83K
vacation- 2 wks to start
conf days- 4 days
sick days-4 days
conf money-$500
malp insurance
med insurance if needed
lab coats and cleaning
renewal of med license and ACLS

It typically takes 3 months after you take your boards to start working as a PA. If you want to start as a medical assistant we can start you as early as you would like. We will also offer to have you shadow in the nuclear lab while you are waiting to start work as a PA.

Had an interview today and here are some takeaways. 

8am-5pm, with some going over for charting
Every 3rd weekend at the hospital both Saturday and Sunday for the Full day. (biggest con)
High Turn Over. 
Talk a lot about picking up patients if another provider goes on vacation. Talk about Loyalty and such.
Doctor says that that the start and we would talk about a raise in a year once I become profitable. 

Run don't walk? 

Lace 'em up and get moving.

Where to start...while I've heard horror stories about PA that salary is ridiculous. I'd want to see...

$90k minimum. With the hours then are trying to get out of you that still leaves you short.

3wks PTO

Minimum $1500 for CME + 1wk

4 days sick leave is kind of a joke, I don't even know how to counter that.

Starting as a medical assistant?! Who ARE these people??

Makes me incredibly irritated.

Just got the contract today. They include a restrictive covenant. 

Employee therefore agrees that, while an employee and for a period of thirty-six (36) 
months after his employment ends (for any reason), he will not render any medical services or 
other services competitive with Employer’s practice on behalf of himself or any business or 
entity within a thirty (30) mile radius of any clinical office or hospital the Employer’s physicians 
are on staff.

Not sure if that means I can't work in cardio in that radius, or any other specialty as well. 

Archived